Area

Old Sep 3rd 2013, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

thompson1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Area

Starting my journey of looking at Spain. My requirements are:

Approx 30mins-1hr away from benidorm, high English pat community however don't have to live right in centre of it and not put off buy living in a remote area. Would have to be detached property
Old Sep 3rd 2013, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Area

I think anywhere south of Alicante will do you.

Its a interesting post for me as I think if this was say asked by a Polish guy about the UK I would be wanting to move away from anywhere that would be recommended if I lived in such a place, I understand moving to a ex pat area, I just wonder if Poles and / or those who dedicated there worship exclusively to God would ask the same on there version of this forum.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 7:28 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

You would need to be a little more specific.

1 hour from Benidorm is a huge area = Torrevieja to Gandia and MANY towns villages and a city in between.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:51 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't actually want to go to Benidorm would you?

As a resident, I'd bet that fancy will disappear from thought within a year or two.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:01 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

There are some nicer areas in Benidorm, it is not all Kiss me Quick hats.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
There are some nicer areas in Benidorm, it is not all Kiss me Quick hats.
Indeed here is, Id say its bigger than some UK Cities and there are some lovely areas and some real classy areas.

It has a bit of everything, and I think for the OP and myself it is great to have a resort like that just 40min - 1Hr away.

When I was last there I stayed in the Melia Vilaitana and I thought wow how nice it will be to just escape from home to come here and relax for a couple of nights when you can find a cheap deal.

I also love the Waterpark Aqualandia and the same goes, you have a quiet day and a pleasure it would be to visit for a day or two.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

thompson1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Our ultimate plan is to buy a property to use as a holiday home and then in approx 8 years if all goes well move out their. I like the idea of being about 1hr drive from benidorm as alot of our friends and family and some previous kids we have fostered go their regularly so would be ideal to pop over to see them now and again. I really don't want to be in the middle of it. My ideal house would be about 20min walk from shops quite remote with its own pool but that's prob out my budget lol. I'm not bothered either if I can live in the house as a holiday home and slowly do it up over a few years. My main thing is finding areas too look at as there all Alien to me lol