Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Aqualandia - Benidorm

Aqualandia - Benidorm

Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mookster will become famous soon enough
Default Aqualandia - Benidorm

Has anyone experienced the water park Aqualandia in Benidorm ? The website is a nightmare to find any information from with regards opening times and prices. what age is the limit for kids tickets etc and once in do they charge for use of the sun loungers ? I dont fancy paying the excessive entry price to be ripped off for the sun loungers once in as I have been in the past in similar places.
Any and all info gratefully appreciated as always

Michael
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aqualandia - Benidorm

Originally Posted by Mookster
Has anyone experienced the water park Aqualandia in Benidorm ? The website is a nightmare to find any information from with regards opening times and prices. what age is the limit for kids tickets etc and once in do they charge for use of the sun loungers ? I dont fancy paying the excessive entry price to be ripped off for the sun loungers once in as I have been in the past in similar places.

Michael
Open 10.00 till 21.00 on the green days on calender.
25€`s and 18€`s.
Kids 3 years till 12years.
No idea about loungers though.

They can`t get it much simpler ,can they ? HERE

Last edited by jdr; Jul 19th 2009 at 12:30 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:47 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Is there another nearby that is more a "sea world" type thing, with live dolphins etc?
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:21 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Hi

Mundomar is right next door - with live dolphin shows etc. Last time we went it was quite reasonable to get in.

Quite an interesting place and you can take your own food in for a picnic.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 1:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mookster

Michael
I know they emptied it the other day to put a fire out somewhere near
Old Jul 19th 2009, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

havnt been to Aaqualandia but every year go to Aquopolis in Cullera (have been told its less busy)

they do charge for parking and sun beds but its a good day out for all the family, esp the little ones looking forward to going again in a few weeks
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:12 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=CLR;7765531]Hi

Mundomar is right next door - with live dolphin shows etc. Last time we went it was quite reasonable to get in.

Quite an interesting place and you can take your own food in for a picnic.[/QUOTE

Thanks for that.

JLFS
Old Jul 19th 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

mrs-mop is on a distinguished road

Aqualandia is great for a day out, loads of areas for kids and grown-ups, they do charge 4 euros per sun lounger but there is lots of grassed areas where you can just pop your towel and picnic. I think in Eroski this weekend I saw they were giving out loads of money off vouchers so hunt around, they were 7.50 off an adult entry and 4.50 off kids, so good savings to be had.

I do think that aqualandia is best value day out in benidorm, better than Aqua natura. Although Aqua Natura does have swimming with the sharks for 12 euros each and my husband, dad and 7 year old son thought that was fantastic and best part of the day out in Aqua Natura.

If you can get to Aqualandia and Mundomar more than once in the year then they are now offering a season ticket for 63 euros which seems like good value if you can get back there.

Hope this helps and enough your day out !
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

brooky25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Dont know if this will bother you but the water is salt water and my daughter didnt take to it very well lol. There was a fire the other week on the hills and they used water from the park to put it out. No one was injured and only lasted a few hours
hope this helps
regards
brooky

Last edited by brooky25; Jul 19th 2009 at 9:32 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 9:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I know they emptied it the other day to put a fire out somewhere near
Originally Posted by brooky25
Hi, Dont know if this will bother you but the water is salt water and my daughter didnt take to it very well lol. There was a fire the other other week on the hills and they used water from the park to put it out. No one was injured and only lasted a few hours
hope this helps
regards
brooky
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

You can buy a 'dual admission offer' for both Aqualandia and Mundomar in which you pay a reduced price for both attractions. We have often taken the kids to Aqualandia first and then when it gets hotter (and busier as the prices are reduced after 2pm) we can go next door to Mundomar where it is cooler and less crowded. Worth a look.

John C
Old Jul 20th 2009, 8:45 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

there are a lot of incidental charges, going down some of the slides, you need a rubber ring, they charge, food is expensive, take your own. They provide safes for your valuables, more expense, but I suspect essential. Daughter in law and her kids went yesterday.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

mrs-mop is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikelincs
there are a lot of incidental charges, going down some of the slides, you need a rubber ring, they charge, food is expensive, take your own. They provide safes for your valuables, more expense, but I suspect essential. Daughter in law and her kids went yesterday.

You don´t have to use the rubber rings on the slides, you can rent one that you can use on all the different rides but if the ring is essential then they privide them, if you rent it just means you don´t have to wait in the queue for a ring.

Safes are helpful, but not essential, just don´t take anything that is very valuable with you!

Food, well you can take a picnic so you don´t need to buy food there!

It is expensive to get in and if you want a sun lounger then you to pay but like I said earlier there are lots of grassed areas to lay down and lets face it you will not be lying down much with all the fun slides to keep you busy!!
Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

On a slightly less aquatic note I took my daughter to Terra Mitica for her fourth birthday and we all had a great day out.
Plenty of rides my daughter could go on and also some for the bigger kids (me). Particularly impressive is the Colossus rollercoaster which looks like it's been nailed together by Travis Perkins.

Prices for beer or soft drinks are in the €2.00 range as is a hot dog, so not terriibly expensive.

You can also pick up two for one tickets at tourist offices, so our day out (we spent 8 hours there) cost us the princely sum of €34 for the three of us.

Highly recommended, and I can't believe they're in financial difficulties. Well maybe I can given those prices.

Ste.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

And on an even more slightly less aquatic note, we offed to Terra Natura the other day. Beautiful day...not a bugger in sight. A worker there guessed-imated around 100 peeps for the day. Shame really as a great day out (well, more for the little one).
Funnily enough, the wife has just taken her visiting parents off to Aqualandia this morning. I did suggest the highest slide for her mother, and though of course, any drowning would be most unfortunate, I do wish them a LONG day there....as it's just so peaceful here without them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.