Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

appointments for traffico?

appointments for traffico?

Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute
Default appointments for traffico?

Hi
I know that a lot of public services have changed to an appointments system but I can't find a portal for a Traffico appointment. (Change of driving license) Anyone know whether they do do appointments and if so what the web address is?
Oh and any updates on whether they do ask you for a medical certificate these days. (I've already read mitzy's 'ultimate' thread).
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: appointments for traffico?

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Hi
I know that a lot of public services have changed to an appointments system but I can't find a portal for a Traffico appointment. (Change of driving license) Anyone know whether they do do appointments and if so what the web address is?
Oh and any updates on whether they do ask you for a medical certificate these days. (I've already read mitzy's 'ultimate' thread).
Unless it's changed recently it's just a case of turning up, taking a ticket and wait your turn
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malagaman
Unless it's changed recently it's just a case of turning up, taking a ticket and wait your turn
+ 1 on that

haven't heard about any appointments - is there nothing/anything on the DGT/Trafico website ??

even ITV is a turn up and wait business
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:42 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
No, you are supposed to make an appointment.

If you don't they may let you in if they aren't busy but it could be a long wait.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 11:58 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
No, you are supposed to make an appointment.

If you don't they may let you in if they aren't busy but it could be a long wait.
perhaps its because the only time I went was for a headlight failure. once I had the new "faros" fitted I just went back, waiting 10mins and was called on the big screen.

but it didn't seem that busy and they had bays not being used.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 12:12 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You book ITV appointments for Andalucia at

http://itvcita.es/Welcome.do;jsessio...Djgh20aghUkQ**

It's a shame that Trafico doesn't have a similar system.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

In Madrid some ITV centres are appointment only while others aren't. The ITV website will let you know which is which. I've never made an appointment at tráfico. I've only ever queued...and queued...and queued....
Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domino
I make an appointment every time, but seem to just have to join a queue at the counter will everyone else (appointment or not) and then join the queue of cars outside. May be I'm wrong and all the people in the counter queue have appointments, but if for example I turn up for my 11am appointment, I find it difficult to believe that the dozen or more in the queue at that time all have appointments around 11 am!
Old Jul 20th 2013, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biffta
I make an appointment every time, but seem to just have to join a queue at the counter will everyone else (appointment or not) and then join the queue of cars outside. May be I'm wrong and all the people in the counter queue have appointments, but if for example I turn up for my 11am appointment, I find it difficult to believe that the dozen or more in the queue at that time all have appointments around 11 am!
Can't speak for other stations but Guadalhorce, Malaga has 2 queues, one for appointments and one without. When you arrive you put your details into the machine and you get a ticket telling you which counter to pay at.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malagaman
Can't speak for other stations but Guadalhorce, Malaga has 2 queues, one for appointments and one without. When you arrive you put your details into the machine and you get a ticket telling you which counter to pay at.
Sounds wonderful! I use Ondarra, only one queue to register for your test irrespective it seems of any appointment, then another queue afterwards to pick up your windscreen sticker.
What annoys me are the ones who drive in to the centre, get into the queue of cars, then get out and go the office to register for the test leaving their car in what they hope will be a position ahead of others in the office who haven't joined the vehicle queue yet. Fortunately, I've got wise to it now and when I go out I drive to a position in front of the empty vehicle(s). They still get ahead of others though.