Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Applying for an N.I.E. number in England

Applying for an N.I.E. number in England

Old May 22nd 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Terrycaltel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for an N.I.E. number in England

Still not quite sure how this works in relation to applying for the number in England. I will be bringing and have…. Filled in the form, but not signed it.
Photocopied it.
Have 2 passport quality photos
Have photocopied my passport
My passport
The relevant details of the property I am buying
Photocopies of the details
Blank cheque
Large envelope addressed to the relevant
authorities in Madrid
Large S.A.E. envelope for my address in England.

Now do I simply go down to the Spanish Consulate (Manchester) without an appointment, queue up with everything I have mentioned they will send my
N.I.E. number to my address in England, or have I missed something?
I have rung the Consulate 4 times and never get to speak to anyone.
CHEERS.
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for an N.I.E. number in England

Originally Posted by Terrycaltel
Still not quite sure how this works in relation to applying for the number in England. I will be bringing and have…. Filled in the form, but not signed it.
Photocopied it.
Have 2 passport quality photos
Have photocopied my passport
My passport
The relevant details of the property I am buying
Photocopies of the details
Blank cheque
Large envelope addressed to the relevant
authorities in Madrid
Large S.A.E. envelope for my address in England.

Now do I simply go down to the Spanish Consulate (Manchester) without an appointment, queue up with everything I have mentioned they will send my
N.I.E. number to my address in England, or have I missed something?
I have rung the Consulate 4 times and never get to speak to anyone.
CHEERS.

not sure but Im sure it was discussed on here recently, do a search and see what you come up with

good luck
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your swift reply....
Old May 22nd 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

derek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura aboutderek500 has a spectacular aura about

I believe the link is in 'Free Beer.....' but here it is again

http://www.maec.es/Consulados/Londre...alisations.htm

They won't send it to a UK address. It has to be sent to someone in Spain.
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by derek500
I believe the link is in 'Free Beer.....' but here it is again

http://www.maec.es/Consulados/Londre...alisations.htm

They won't send it to a UK address. It has to be sent to someone in Spain.
We need to get our NIE numbers and when I said to our solicitor that we would be in spain 18th & 19th June to obtain them and to sign over to her power of atourney, she said that we could sign for her to get them and it would save getting up and going to Elche very early in the morning. Does this seem right?
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:21 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
We need to get our NIE numbers and when I said to our solicitor that we would be in spain 18th & 19th June to obtain them and to sign over to her power of atourney, she said that we could sign for her to get them and it would save getting up and going to Elche very early in the morning. Does this seem right?
I believe if your solicitor has PoA, she can get the NIEs on your behalf.
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
I believe if your solicitor has PoA, she can get the NIEs on your behalf.
Good that'll save a bit of queuing
Old May 22nd 2007, 2:55 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeanc
Good that'll save a bit of queuing
I thought they had changed to only personal pick up in Spain, but through an Embassy in UK. ?

Reading the link you even have to go to the Embassy in person......

Last edited by jdr; May 22nd 2007 at 2:58 pm.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:23 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I thought they had changed to only personal pick up in Spain, but through an Embassy in UK. ?

Reading the link you even have to go to the Embassy in person......
It is possible with Power of Attorney only.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
It is possible with Power of Attorney only.
Right, bit of an expensive way to do it though.
Old May 22nd 2007, 3:42 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by jdr
Right, bit of an expensive way to do it though.
Definitely....but usually people give PoA to their attorneys for other, more major issues and include this in as well.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Guys...The post by Derek500 has just saved me a long and unnecessary journey. Thanks.
Old May 22nd 2007, 4:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by MnM
Definitely....but usually people give PoA to their attorneys for other, more major issues and include this in as well.
Don`t forget to take away the PoA when you have finished the deal also.
Old May 22nd 2007, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MnM
Got to give POA cos don't know if we will be in spain for completion
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Applying for an N.I.E. number in England

We got ours in the UK a few years back, from the spanish consulate in chelsea. At that time we were still buying the house and didn't want to give that address in case it fell though, so we gave our UK address and it was posted to us here in the UK.

but to be on the safe side, if you gave the address of your lawyer in spain then they would send it there.

It was pretty easy and straightforward. Although there was a queue of about an hour it is easier to deal with quuestions in your native langauage. At least if there is a problem with your UK applicaiton you can sort it more easily, just go back to the consulate the next day or whatever. if you have made a special trip to spain and there is a problem there is nothing you can do if you are on a tight timescale or are only there a few days.

But you MUST fill in the forms exactly as they ask.. otherwise they will reject them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.