Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Application for 'Blue Badge' for disability

Wikiposts

Application for 'Blue Badge' for disability

Old Yesterday, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold
Default Application for 'Blue Badge' for disability

Anyone been through the process of applying for a disabled Blue Badge? Is it best to pay a Gestor or Solicitor to complete the process for us or is it simple to do it for ourselves? We have completed the disability assessment, with the result, and the form from Junta de Andalucia. Any help / guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old Yesterday, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Application for 'Blue Badge' for disability

If you've completed getting the form, etc, then why pay a Gestor to do the rest?
What is important in Spain is a "discapacity %", something that is needed here but doesn't exist in England. We already had one done here for our son (Down's Syndrome).
We also needed a "valoracion de dependencia", which means an assessment of how dependent he was on us as parents. My wife got this via the social worker in the Town Hall.
If you don't speak Spanish enough to understand the form, then probably a Gestor might be best.
We got one easily for our handicapped son, though my wife is a Spanish national which may have made it easier.
I hope that helps.
Bear in mind also that sometimes things work differently in the various provinces.
Old Today, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

ElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to beholdElizabethAnn is a splendid one to behold

Thank you for the response. I have a discapacity % already via the assessment process. I could complete the form but what do we do with it after it is completed?
Old Today, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethAnn
Thank you for the response. I have a discapacity % already via the assessment process. I could complete the form but what do we do with it after it is completed?
According to the information about the blue badges on the JdeA website, it should be sent to the Centro de Valoración y Orientación for your province, you can see a list of the addresses by clicking on the link on this page.

Centros de Valoración y Orientación (CVO) - Junta de Andalucía (juntadeandalucia.es)
Old Today, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

Thank you.