Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to start up a software comapny?

Anyone want to start up a software comapny?

Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:51 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone want to start up a software comapny?

Originally Posted by DavidFaeBlantyre
Hi bill gates pm me
When you get a minute.

Thanks
He can't because you haven't made 3 posts, so can't get or receive PMs
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:52 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickFX
I have not been back on this forum long but one thing I have learned is that amideislas lives on a different plane of existence. I am surprised she didn't tell you to start up the business in America as she seems to have a love affair with the Yanks.

Cannot wait to read the drivel she comes up with as a response to you.
I don't believe there is any argument that in Spain, it's better to have money, because making money is damned challenging. Anyone who disagrees with that simply isn't reading the paper or watching the news, or trying to operate a business here.

If you were going to start a business (particularly an online or software business that doesn't rely on over-the-counter sales in a specific region), Spain certainly would not be the place to do it:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/...first&sort=asc

Naturally, to those who believe Spain leads the world in virtually everything imaginable, and since ironically, I live in a "different plane of existence" (despite the facts to the contrary), then naturally you should disregard all facts when choosing a jurisdiction to start your business. Particularly important to ignore the facts when you are in the enviable position to choose virtually anywhere in the world to base your business, or else you could be accused of being "anti-spain" or even "racist" by the true believers.

Yes, a different plane. I know...

Last edited by amideislas; Feb 6th 2012 at 8:22 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
If you were going to start a business (particularly an online or software business that doesn't rely on over-the counter sales in a specific region), Spain certainly would not be the place to do it:

Naturally, to those who believe Spain leads the world in virtually everything imaginable, and ironically, I live in a "different plane of existence" (despite the facts to the contrary), then naturally you should disregard all facts when choosing a jurisdiction to start your business. Particularly important to ignore the facts when you are in the enviable position to choose virtually anywhere in the world to base your business.

Spain does not lead the world in everything, but it is not as bad as you keep TROLLING

And having a consulting/marketing/IT business in Spain with no location, offices etc is incredibly easy - the OH and I both have one. It would be equally easy in any country, as long as you have clients of course
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:35 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Spain does not lead the world in everything, but it is not as bad as you keep TROLLING

And having a consulting/marketing/IT business in Spain with no location, offices etc is incredibly easy - the OH and I both have one. It would be equally easy in any country, as long as you have clients of course
OK you proved it. Spain is as easy as any country despite so many credible agencies and institutions rating it quite low on the business scale - (all liars, of course).

In fact, due to popular demand, it seems Spain has simplified its bankruptcy proceedings:

http://www.imninc.com/iln/new_bankruptcy_act_spain.pdf

And regional bankruptcies also don't exist:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/33ba4...#axzz1lanjt3q7

Yes, CMan, all things considered, you really couldn't choose a better place to go bankrupt, which perhaps explains why there are so many of them.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

OK you proved it. Spain is as easy as any country despite so many credible agencies and institutions rating it quite low on the business scale - (all liars, of course).

In fact, due to popular demand, it seems Spain has simplified its bankruptcy proceedings:

http://www.imninc.com/iln/new_bankruptcy_act_spain.pdf

And regional bankruptcies also don't exist:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/33ba4...#axzz1lanjt3q7

Yes, CMan, all things considered, you really couldn't choose a better place to go bankrupt, which perhaps explains why there are so many of them.
If someone's sole aim in life is their business then yes there are better countries, particularly in the current economic situation, and if you are not fluent in Spanish

But the OP wants to develop some software by themselves and perhaps with a partner. You could do this in any country in the world, it certainly wont be complicated in Spain

All the comments you make are based on your own prejudices and zero experience. Well, except for all the "corruption" you say you face everyday

Why dont you tell people what your experience of doing business in Spain and around the world is? If you dont have any then perhaps keep your prejudices to yourself
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice

I don't believe there is any argument that in Spain, it's better to have money, because making money is damned challenging. Anyone who disagrees with that simply isn't reading the paper or watching the news, or trying to operate a business here.

If you were going to start a business (particularly an online or software business that doesn't rely on over-the-counter sales in a specific region), Spain certainly would not be the place to do it:

Naturally, to those who believe Spain leads the world in virtually everything imaginable, and since ironically, I live in a "different plane of existence" (despite the facts to the contrary), then naturally you should disregard all facts when choosing a jurisdiction to start your business. Particularly important to ignore the facts when you are in the enviable position to choose virtually anywhere in the world to base your business, or else you could be accused of being "anti-spain" or even "racist" by the true believers.

I think Spain leads the world? That title goes to China and then maybe Australia. Spain is very far down that list. Amideislas you never provide facts. What you provide is quick Google searches and link spamming when you want to argue, which is to say, always.

Running a business in Spain might be hard if you require a store front. However, running a software business online is simple. You can be in the rolling plains of Mongolia and run your business just the same. All you do is bitch and cry about how horrible Spain is and how amazing America is. Lady, why don't you pick-up and move to America? I don't even think the Yanks would want you but at least you would give the Spaniards a break.

Last edited by NickFX; Feb 6th 2012 at 9:30 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:36 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Well said from someone who hasn't even lived there yet and doesn't know the areas where he wants to live Bit premature to be on the defence!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

NickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really niceNickFX is just really nice

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Well said from someone who hasn't even lived there yet and doesn't know the areas where he wants to live Bit premature to be on the defence!
Defence? I am not defending Spain, read the post again, I never said a positive word about Spain. I said that it easy to run an online business in any country.

Oh and I have been to Spain, just never to the south coast of Spain.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Defence? I am not defending Spain, read the post again, I never said a positive word about Spain. I said that it easy to run an online business in any country.

Oh and I have been to Spain, just never to the south coast of Spain.
Not true if you are going to do it legally.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rotor
Not true if you are going to do it legally.
Erm yes it is easy. My wife has an online marketing and sales business. All legal. It couldnt be easier.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by cricketman
If someone's sole aim in life is their business then yes there are better countries, particularly in the current economic situation, and if you are not fluent in Spanish

But the OP wants to develop some software by themselves and perhaps with a partner. You could do this in any country in the world, it certainly wont be complicated in Spain

All the comments you make are based on your own prejudices and zero experience. Well, except for all the "corruption" you say you face everyday

Why dont you tell people what your experience of doing business in Spain and around the world is? If you dont have any then perhaps keep your prejudices to yourself
Well, corruption is no secret. Well documented and rather indisputable. But you can deny it - it's still legal to do so ...for now.

The fact that Spain is among the more complex places to operate a business is also no secret, and as I pointed out, even the world bank seems to agree with that point.

But naturally, anyone who might share that notion is a liar ...or a "troll" (to use your words). But that's the expected response from someone who shares the very same ideology with those who are responsible for the Eurozone's continuing decline.

But back to the point: If you are planning to run any business, there are certainly much better jurisdictions from which to operate (much lower bureacracy, taxation, etc). It's quite well-documented fact. It would simply be a responsible business decision to avoid Spain, and to a certain extent the Eurozone in general.

But again, you still have the right to deny it even though the facts don't support it.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, corruption is no secret. Well documented and rather indisputable. But you can deny it - it's still legal to do so ...for now.

The fact that Spain is among the more complex places to operate a business is also no secret, and as I pointed out, even the world bank seems to agree with that point.

But naturally, anyone who might share that notion is a liar ...or a "troll" (to use your words). But that's the expected response from someone who shares the very same ideology with those who are responsible for the Eurozone's continuing decline.

But back to the point: If you are planning to run any business, there are certainly much better jurisdictions from which to operate (much lower bureacracy, taxation, etc). It's quite well-documented fact. It would simply be a responsible business decision to avoid Spain, and to a certain extent the Eurozone in general.

But again, you still have the right to deny it even though the facts don't support it.
A troll is someone who posts irrelevant info again and again to stir things up. What you continue to post does not help anyone. It is just to satisfy your own insecurities i.e. to believe that someone is listening to you. Did you not get any attention as a child?

Moving to a new country just to set up a new business is a bit drastic don't you think? Especially when there is very little need to. Sorry kids, we're pulling you out of school and moving to Germany because some weirdo on the internet says its impossible to have a business in Spain
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:02 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

I have not been back on this forum long but one thing I have learned is that amideislas lives on a different plane of existence. I am surprised she didn't tell you to start up the business in America as she seems to have a love affair with the Yanks.

Cannot wait to read the drivel she comes up with as a response to you.
I'm waiting for her to back-up her statement that all Spanish IT startups will certainly whither on the vine, and that nearly all go bust - I see she's tried to divert the topic onto general business to hide the fact she's made a pronouncement about something she obviously knows little about. Unless of course she can look at the nearly 200 internet sites here http://www.internetmadeinspain.org/ and state which of those have gone bust. After all if "nearly all" go bust, then why are 11870.com edreams.com idealista.com and imaste-ips on there- surely they should have folded years ago?
Come on back your statement amideislas (at least give a few examples, we know it's going to be impossible to back up a totally incorrect assertion that you made).
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Actually, the world bank does not agree. There are roughly 200 countries in the world and Spain is ranked 45. So that means there are 145 countries worse than Spain to run a business. Actually, Spain is in the top 75th percentile for ease of running business.

You got owned by your own stats.

Last edited by NickFX; Feb 6th 2012 at 10:08 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm waiting for her to back-up her statement that all Spanish IT startups will certainly whither on the vine, and that nearly all go bust - I see she's tried to divert the topic onto general business to hide the fact she's made a pronouncement about something she obviously knows little about. Unless of course she can look at the nearly 200 internet sites here http://www.internetmadeinspain.org/ and state which of those have gone bust. After all if "nearly all" go bust, then why are 11870.com edreams.com idealista.com and imaste-ips on there- surely they should have folded years ago?
Come on back your statement amideislas (at least give a few examples, we know it's going to be impossible to back up a totally incorrect assertion that you made).
She won't. She is quite adept at ignoring posts in which she gets decimated, only to post more nonsensical drivel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.