Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to help a nice lady ?

Anyone want to help a nice lady ?

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone want to help a nice lady ?

Hi, i am posting this enquiry for a friend, her husband has parkinsons and is no longer able to drive, she had a full licence but has not been driving for a while she has doe the occasional trips to the bins but with him in tow (moaning all the way). She is looking for someone to sit with her just so she can gain some confidence or even refresher lessons, She is in Benitachell, any suggestions or kind souls out there.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone want to help a nice lady ?

Wish I lived nearer because I would have helped her out. I did not drive here until my OH was taken ill so I know why she is finding it daunting. Hope she finds someone soon, once she regains her confidence she will not look back (apart from when she has to).

Rosemary
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 3:48 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

Too far from Costa Del Sol, hope someone steps up.

If not she could probably get a couple of hours with a local driving school, or maybe an instructor would be willing to a little 'on the side' job.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:14 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Wish I lived nearer because I would have helped her out. I did not drive here until my OH was taken ill so I know why she is finding it daunting. Hope she finds someone soon, once she regains her confidence she will not look back (apart from when she has to).

Rosemary
There's a lesson for us all. Make sure that your partner can drive and keeps their hand in.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:17 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
Hi, i am posting this enquiry for a friend, her husband has parkinsons and is no longer able to drive, she had a full licence but has not been driving for a while she has doe the occasional trips to the bins but with him in tow (moaning all the way). She is looking for someone to sit with her just so she can gain some confidence or even refresher lessons, She is in Benitachell, any suggestions or kind souls out there.
I am in the Mijas area at present & can certainly give a little time at the weekend (any good ?)
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:32 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
I am in the Mijas area at present & can certainly give a little time at the weekend (any good ?)
You would have a long way to travel

Is there an Age Concern in the area? They may have volunteers.

Hope some of the women reading this take note. I am suprised how many move over to Spain and give up driving.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:39 pm
Banned

JulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura aboutJulianWard has a spectacular aura about

As the crow flies its about 460 KM from Mijas to Benitachell
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by busters mum

Contact Bill at Costablanca expats, I am sure he will know someone who could help.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 7:15 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulianWard
As the crow flies its about 460 KM from Mijas to Benitachell
Opps I was thinking of somewhere else & as you can tell I am new to the area.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

you say you live in valencia,think you live in mijas,playamonte,i can help you out
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
There's a lesson for us all. Make sure that your partner can drive and keeps their hand in.
Good advice....I know I should take it but the Spanish drivers scare the hell out of me, I've driven a few times here but I really don't like the experience at all.
Back in England I jump in a car and love it, but not here!
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:33 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sensationalfrog
you say you live in valencia,think you live in mijas,playamonte,i can help you out
I said I am in the Mijas area at present but thank you for the offer
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

There is an organisation in Benitatxell that deals with OAP's but I forget where. I would suggest she goes to the townhall and speaks to either Larry or Steve (local councillors and both from UK) and they may be able to give her advise and info on the forementioned organisation where I am sure someone will be able to help.