Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

anyone rented out their house in the uk..

anyone rented out their house in the uk..

Old May 21st 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone rented out their house in the uk..

Originally Posted by Lionda
We were living in Hampshire but are planning to return to Lancashire where I still have family.
dont fancy a new life in swindon do you?
Old May 21st 2008, 5:10 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum;
There IS life in Swindon?????????? Must have changed some then
Old May 21st 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hillybilly
There IS life in Swindon?????????? Must have changed some then

yes its a woooooonderul place, so great that i am willing to leave my place in this lovely town so one of you guys can enjoy it!!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:35 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
Only ever been to Swindon with work a few years ago, don't know anything about the place. Unfortunately it is too far away from my family Pity that, I would have looked after your house as though it were my own
Old May 21st 2008, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Only ever been to Swindon with work a few years ago, don't know anything about the place. Unfortunately it is too far away from my family Pity that, I would have looked after your house as though it were my own
i couldnt inflict the pain of swindon on you Lionda, you sound like a nice lady!

thats the thing, i am terrified of renting my house out to strangers that may destroy it but mr FB says that selling is not an option now -he works- or should i say workED! in mortgages (hence moving back home- redundancy was a blessing in disguise!).
Old May 21st 2008, 7:00 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by featherbum
i couldnt inflict the pain of swindon on you Lionda, you sound like a nice lady! Thank you

thats the thing, i am terrified of renting my house out to strangers that may destroy it but mr FB says that selling is not an option now -he works- or should i say workED! in mortgages (hence moving back home- redundancy was a blessing in disguise!).
He is quite right too - not the time to sell. I am hoping that by the time we find work in England the prices will have dropped more so that we can get back on the housing ladder. But that isn't good for you and others still waiting to sell
Old May 21st 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

He is quite right too - not the time to sell. I am hoping that by the time we find work in England the prices will have dropped more so that we can get back on the housing ladder. But that isn't good for you and others still waiting to sell
yeah mr FB says prices will prob drop even more which is for you! ah well, guess we'll have to rent it out till things pick up again! i am sooo scared as i am so houseproud and i could throttle anyone who ruins my lovely home!
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

it is a shame that you don fancy a new life in a tiny village outside ashford in kent..
i think you could have been the perfect tennant for us...lol

cAROLE
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

We rent our house in the u.k.We decided not to sell because of the uncertainty in january.We have a very good management agency who charges us £68 per month.This includes rent guarentee,regular(every 2 month)checks on the house and garden,with a written report e-mailed to us.When we decide to sell they will only charge 1% which in our minds is a bargain.All tenants are vetted i.e employer checks,proof of income etc.
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madcarole
it is a shame that you don fancy a new life in a tiny village outside ashford in kent..

cAROLE
Wye by any chance ?
Old May 22nd 2008, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

And as for Swindon, I recall some maze of mini roundabouts all nested together as some traffic engineer thought it a good idea.
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
And as for Swindon, I recall some maze of mini roundabouts all nested together as some traffic engineer thought it a good idea.
There is one in Colchester, absolutely brilliant, if you see the roundabouts blocked one way you can go round the other way.
Old May 22nd 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Wye by any chance ?
no bethersden

carole
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

laslopeady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Has anybody got some thoughts on renting out uk property for short term holiday lets through an agent as opposed to long term rental. What are the pro's and con's.
regards
laslopeady
Old May 23rd 2008, 12:20 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by madcarole

cAROLE
That would have been nice Carole and we certainly would have been good tenants - having rented out property ourselves before we moved to Spain. But we have decided on the north of England, partly because the rents are cheaper than in the south and also because I want to be near my family. Hope you find a good tenant though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.