Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

Old May 24th 2014, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

I've been watching the another internet thread with interest. For those who have already got Priinet installed on CE, I read that the company installs the router and cabling etc. Question 1/. What do you then need to connect to your TV to watch some BBC ??? Question2/. having a duplex apt on M3 of ME is it possible to watch a different TV upstairs to that in the lounge area assuming you have enough bandwidth (10mb).

All replies from users welcomed.

Keith
Old May 24th 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

Originally Posted by keithBT
I've been watching the another internet thread with interest. For those who have already got Priinet installed on CE, I read that the company installs the router and cabling etc. Question 1/. What do you then need to connect to your TV to watch some BBC ??? Question2/. having a duplex apt on M3 of ME is it possible to watch a different TV upstairs to that in the lounge area assuming you have enough bandwidth (10mb).

All replies from users welcomed.

Keith
Hi Keith

Its been widely reported on the forum that you can watch UKTV through various sources. One of the internet ones is filmon. And yes someone can use the wifi to watch another filmon channel in another room. Its just another browser window. With 10MB 2 channels should easily be OK.

The other thread has already given details of the equipment needed and the installation service, so you will be OK if you go with it - and just check the posts from a couple of weeks back to get your info
Jon
Old May 26th 2014, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

Thanks Jon, So IF I buy a SMART TV......... am I right in thinking I just need a lead from the router into the tv? Sorry if this seems a bit obvious but we just watch thru the virgin box in the UK, which they set up!! and I've never played with a smart telly.
Old May 26th 2014, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone with Priinet on C.E ( Query)

Thanks Jon, So IF I buy a SMART TV......... am I right in thinking I just need a lead from the router into the tv? Sorry if this seems a bit obvious but we just watch thru the virgin box in the UK, which they set up!! and I've never played with a smart telly.
I have just installed priinet and setup my X box ( similar to your smart TV) and it is just an IEEE CABLE from the net box to me router supplied by them then an IEEE CABLE to the Xbox and HDMI FROM THE X box to the TV. You will cut out a stage and go direct from the router to the TV it could be an IEE lead or a HDMI depending on the sockets that your TV has.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:34 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Keith

I think John has all the details. Im no expert on SMART TV, however if your SMART TV has wifi access, its cable free for the internet. Just let it 'see' the wifi router and you are away. If not its usually an ethernet plug at the back which means you need an ethernet cable from the router to the TV. I think this cable is called a RJ32 cable. I am assumng the priinet router has cable access as well as wifi.

If you can get a wifi equipped Smart TV for not much more, I would go for it to save messy cables... and its more likely to be a newer model with better features.... maybe

Good luck! Let us now how you get on.

Jon
Old May 27th 2014, 12:18 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Keith

I think John has all the details. Im no expert on SMART TV, however if your SMART TV has wifi access, its cable free for the internet. Just let it 'see' the wifi router and you are away. If not its usually an ethernet plug at the back which means you need an ethernet cable from the router to the TV. I think this cable is called a RJ32 cable. I am assumng the priinet router has cable access as well as wifi.

If you can get a wifi equipped Smart TV for not much more, I would go for it to save messy cables... and its more likely to be a newer model with better features.... maybe

Good luck! Let us now how you get on.

Jon
OOps RJ32? maybe its RJ45 go for an 'ethernet cable' on Google .. and if you dont have wifi on yr Smart TV, your handbook will tell you which cable.

Its all on google eg http://www.ebay.com/gds/5-Things-You...7628934/g.html
god luck

Jon
Old May 27th 2014, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
OOps RJ32? maybe its RJ45 go for an 'ethernet cable' on Google .. and if you dont have wifi on yr Smart TV, your handbook will tell you which cable.

Its all on google eg http://www.ebay.com/gds/5-Things-You...7628934/g.html
god luck

Jon
Read through the thread....'Samsung TV for iplayer in Spain' on the main forum. It explains the pros and cons of bringing/buying/using Smart TV. We bought one a Samsung from Carrefour. It was only about 80euros more than a non smart one and we don't begrudge that spend. Apart from as you say it connects to the internet wirelessly it is not the total solution. I was able to change the apps to UK however we still need to use hdmi cable from laptop for live ITV and Sky Go from our UK subscription.