Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

anyone with orange mobile in spain?

anyone with orange mobile in spain?

Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of
Default anyone with orange mobile in spain?

hi all, anyone using orange here is spain for their mobile? what's the coverage like where you are, and do you find it decent when out and about?
we're currently with movistar and were going to go with vodafone, but orange are doing much better deals on fones.....on checking their coverage around valencia, it looks quite good, but there are a couple of weak spots by the looks of their map around us where they state the coverage as 'normal' compared to good and very good.

dd
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone with orange mobile in spain?

Agree that they have very good deals, but I have found the coverage to be dreadful. I am about 25kms north west of the City, and I am running 2 orange phones and a movistar one.
Orange always have missed calls, so you end up getting a text, even in the City. Movistar just works all the time. I won't be renewing the Orange contracts.
Hope that helps.
Tim
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Agree that they have very good deals, but I have found the coverage to be dreadful. I am about 25kms north west of the City, and I am running 2 orange phones and a movistar one.
Orange always have missed calls, so you end up getting a text, even in the City. Movistar just works all the time. I won't be renewing the Orange contracts.
Hope that helps.
Tim
hi tim, yes, that helps alot - looks like it's vodafone then!!
or vodafone, until moviestar then offer me the same deal to stay with them
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

It depends on who you want to call but Vodafone's Plan Vitamina x 60 allows you to talk to other Vodafones and geographical landlines for an hour for the cost of a minute. ie. €0,34 to call a Vodafone or a landline for an hour.

Coverage is also far better than Orange and also Movistar (at least in my area).
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by digdug
hi tim, yes, that helps alot - looks like it's vodafone then!!
or vodafone, until moviestar then offer me the same deal to stay with them
Ask around more, Up here, Vodafone not too good either, that's why I went to Orange........
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

trentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nicetrentino is just really nice

What about Banus/Marbella area. How is orange there??
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Coverage of all the mobile operators is good there. They're not stupid.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:45 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Amena, which has been taken over by Orange, coverage round here seems OK, recently bought an Orange phone from an auction, and just put my Amena sim card it, it worked fine, which I was told would NOT happen if I tried it.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I'm with Amena, which has been taken over by Orange, coverage round here seems OK, recently bought an Orange phone from an auction, and just put my Amena sim card it, it worked fine, which I was told would NOT happen if I tried it.
Amena no longer exists, all Amena sim cards and contracts were ported over to Orange when they took over, so all Amena sims work in Orange phones and vice versa, including new-old stock!
The coverage has definately improved since the Orange take over, but still very patchy.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Ask around more, Up here, Vodafone not too good either, that's why I went to Orange........
cheers tim, food for thought. we did have vodafone a couple of years back, but i dont recall them being too bad, maybe i've just got used to movistar.....
i wonder if theres anything in the contract to say you can cancel if the reception service isnt good enough...either that, or as i mentioned before, go with another provider until movistar come back to us with the same offer
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

We've got Orange mobiles here in the Girona area and they've been excellent. We bought them in the Mediamart in Girona and were advised that they gave the best coverage where we were going to be living. (Between Girona and the coast) Lots of people around here seem to have Vodaphone but have problems getting a signal on our hillside.

I think it very much depends where you are going to be using it most.

Rose
Old Aug 19th 2008, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

go with another provider until movistar come back to us with the same offer
you will be lucky we recently tried to "play off" vodafone against movistar for our 2 contract phones - movistar werent interested at all and if we wanted to go to vodafone they werent bothered and didnt offer us anything to stay ! well this is Spain I suppose
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spain
you will be lucky we recently tried to "play off" vodafone against movistar for our 2 contract phones - movistar werent interested at all and if we wanted to go to vodafone they werent bothered and didnt offer us anything to stay ! well this is Spain I suppose
we moved from vodafone to movistar originally for 2 reasons - firstly, mrs dd got her mobile ncked while we were in valencia one night, and we only realised the next morning, with the joy of €140 of calls to romania. Vodafone wouldnt do anything about it as 'we hadnt reported it'. the other was that after 2 years with them, we asked for fone upgrades, and were offered nothing. so we went to movistar. only then, when we had signed with movistar, did vodafone come back with a matched offer, and a credit for the bill mentioned, but i told them too little, too late.
the problem now is that my fones about had its day, the back falls of it, the battery lasts about half a nano, and movistars 'points' offer is so crap its crapper than a crap thing. but, they still have the best reception, by the sounds of it.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

movistars 'points' offer is so crap its crapper than a crap thing.

we did use our points in the end - the phones are ok, think we had about 30,000 points and then movistar were giving us another 18,000 as a gift - so that topped it up so we both got new phones
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Why not buy a pay as you go Orange sim or silly cheap orange payg phone and check the signals. If your current phone is unlocked, I probably have a spare sim somewhere that i can loan you. PM me if you want it. I think you can get a sim for €10 with credit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.