Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone going back empty load to UK/Eire?

Anyone going back empty load to UK/Eire?

Old Nov 11th 2014, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Simon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud of
Default Anyone going back empty load to UK/Eire?

Hi,

I have a motorbike and sidecar for sale. It's in the Pyrenees close to the N-230 Lleida (aka Lérida) to France trunk road (via the Vielha Tunnel)

I have some possible buyers but the bike isn't roadworthy and the transport costs are a problem.

Anyone going back empty, ideally with a tail lift but also possible otherwise, at least at this end.

Thanks

Simon
Old Nov 11th 2014, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone going back empty load to UK/Eire?

Hate to say this Simon but anybody who did would be nuts."yes officer I know the dog has detected something,but the bike owner looked really honest"
Old Nov 12th 2014, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Simon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Hate to say this Simon but anybody who did would be nuts."yes officer I know the dog has detected something,but the bike owner looked really honest"
Well I hope your comment was well intentioned but there's not really anywhere to hide anything on a motorbike!

If one followed your train of thought nothing would get transported to anywhere!

Simon
Old Nov 14th 2014, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simon_100
Well I hope your comment was well intentioned but there's not really anywhere to hide anything on a motorbike!

If one followed your train of thought nothing would get transported to anywhere!

Simon
Was well intentioned Simon,but seriously would you take a taped up box back to the UK for me? I think it wouldn't take much skill to secrete several hundred thousands of pounds worth of a certain illicit powder in the tyres,and a few more in the fuel tank.
Old Nov 14th 2014, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Was well intentioned Simon,but seriously would you take a taped up box back to the UK for me? I think it wouldn't take much skill to secrete several hundred thousands of pounds worth of a certain illicit powder in the tyres,and a few more in the fuel tank.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Point taken, but a Russian outfit based on a 1930's design is hardly a Paris-Dakar truck - not really capable of concealing 1Kg of coke let alone 1.4 tons (tonnes?)

Seriously, how would any commerce operate - household furniture, lorry loads of fruit and veg . . .

Regs

Simon
Old Nov 17th 2014, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Point taken, but a Russian outfit based on a 1930's design is hardly a Paris-Dakar truck - not really capable of concealing 1Kg of coke let alone 1.4 tons (tonnes?)

Seriously, how would any commerce operate - household furniture, lorry loads of fruit and veg . . .

Regs

Simon
They fill in all the relevant documentation that HMRC require (form C3).As for your bike just check the capacity of your fuel tank then do the maths for the litres to kilos then as I mentioned earlier the tyres and not forgetting the sidecar,it all adds up.I'm sure your totally honest Simon as I would imagine the rest of the membership are,but I'm surprised the forum allows this type of request,as it could easily end badly one day.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 7:31 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I have a motorbike and sidecar for sale. It's in the Pyrenees close to the N-230 Lleida (aka Lérida) to France trunk road (via the Vielha Tunnel)

I have some possible buyers but the bike isn't roadworthy and the transport costs are a problem.

Anyone going back empty, ideally with a tail lift but also possible otherwise, at least at this end.

Thanks

Simon
Simon call Peter as he is often going back and forth 657 478 406 and is reliable.