Anyone from this Forum in Mallorca

Anyone from this Forum in Mallorca

Old Feb 28th 2007, 1:16 am
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone from this Forum in Mallorca

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Re: hello from south coast UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna
Why Spain?

Why Spain , well where do i start with this one !!

Firstly the Spain i am heading for is Majorca Spain , not the lager land Main Spain areas. More expensive than main Spain but like another world.

Maybe as its only a couple of hours from UK quicker to see relatives from there than it is from where i am in the UK

Maybe as it is warm and has beeches with sand so fine you can feel it squiggle through your toes

Maybe as the vegetables and fruits are literaly fresh of the land and cost pennies

Maybe as fuel costs for running my Convertible luxury car will be very cheap , so while i scoot along the lovely tarmac roads it is cheap

Maybe as rates-tax on the propertys are so cheap

Maybe as i know i will easily integrate with the Spanish way of life afternoon siestas lounging in the shade by my swimming pool for 2 hours , and then awake shower and be able to stroll down to the marina do a bit of shopping evening time , before dining on a paella watching the sun go down over the blue shimmering sea.

Maybe as i can still get full satellite and watch all sky channels 24 hrs a day

Maybe as i can purchase a nice small cruising type boat have it moored in a harbour and use it 10 months of the year as against 3 weeks in UK as is the case

Maybe as i can have a nice meal and actually sit outside and enjoy a cigar whilst staying warm afterwards !, something which due to another UK Government law as of 1st july 2007 it will be illegal to smoke in ANY public place in England.

Maybe as i can purchase 20 cigarettes for 1.70p as against 5.30p back in expensive UK.

Maybe as i can grab a flight to and fro Uk from about as cheap as £ 60 return.

Maybe as i like the Spanish people i find them so friendly when you get away from the rowdy kiss me quick eggs and bacon areas .

Maybe as for the first 2 years you get full health treatment free, and after that good value insurances ensure the highest quality health care, yes it costs but when you consider that in my case i estimate i shall save some £ 1,500 a year in cigarette costs alone in Spain then £ 1,200 in health insurance doesnt bother me one diddly,

Maybe as people are in the majority happy and cheerful ,greet you with a smile and a "OLA " and a slower pace of life , which suits me as i am ready to slow down , done all the rushing and working for 30 years.

Maybe its the style the Spanish have with marble flooring and exotic plants shrubs, the way you can within a small radius find exotic secluded beaches or wind your way up breathtaking mountains,

Maybe its the way there Road planners design the roads and think of the motorists allowing parking outside the small shops , and havent yet caught the twin yellow lines bug which seems to have besotted England in my area.

Maybe its the ability to find space to be alone , instead of the concrete overcrowded jungle which England is becoming as its build build in my region.

Maybe its the fact that the police are very evident where i am planning to live and dont mess around so has good low crime rate, where as in England where i am they have areas which they are to scared to even go to ! so turn a blind eye.

Maybe its also the fact that being only a couple of hours away it still has some important home comforts ie; KFC Pizzahuts Mcdonalds and the such like.

Maybe its the fact of new shops and designs in them with style and flair and colours, Every town in England is getting so so boring , shopped out in England same shops , small shops wont exist all that will remain is the WH Smiths , Marks Spencer etc oh and millions of phone shops , once you shopped one town its mirrored in the next , thats assuming u can park anyway.

Maybe its just me but when over there always feel healthier ! fresh air and sunshine , the 2 ingredients that give us mental well being as well as factual medical increased health.

The reasons go on and on .

So tell me why Canada ?
Too right. Your reasons go on and on and on........ Anyway Good Luck on your new venture.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point

just bought drinks bar in old town palma jeroboams in 12 c.llotja just behind the placa liotja, live in chiclana but no lecee sent me hear, building work from 19/3 open 1st june love to see any one having day trip to the cathedral and would be very cratefull for any help or info on the place thanks

jon

Last edited by no lecee jon; Mar 6th 2007 at 5:27 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:11 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Anyone from this Forum in Mallorca

Originally Posted by Rachelle75
Hi to all in or in love with Mallorca,
We are flying out on the 19th March, looking for any good advice, greatly recieved!!!
Hi Rachelle,

I am in the process of moving to Majorca , Always liked Alcudia been there over and over again love the place ,, and this was the place i was going to settle !! Note i say was ! why i suddenly had a change was for 2 reasons !

1/ last year i visited late September , it was still warm as usual , And looked at a few properties alongside the lake area between Alcudia and Can picafort . thinking a nice lake for fishing with the sea a 2 minute stroll away be good.. Except along the whole stretch near to the lake the place was absolutely alive with Mossies !! It was a real problem with people running in and out of shops slapping and itching etc .. this problem eased when away from the lake .. i had never known it like that before and thank goodness i spotted it before buying there ..

2/ I love Alcudia the marina area the shops the beach etc and i thought this cant be beaten .. However i drove around the whole Coast from Alcudia North West through to South east and i found Cala Millor and i loved it.. Its got some nice spring off areas being built up , and didnt see a single Mossie !! No lake i guess !

So now Alcudia near the sea but away from the lake and the rivers , or Cala millor region for me thank you

Just thought i share that with you incase you are looking near the lake or rivers there ..
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

georgina is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone from this Forum in Mallorca

Hi Rachelle,Good to hear from you,we are just back from Majorca and the weather was wonderful and we can't wait for more of the same.We dont have a date yet, still have a lot to tie up here but hopefully in a couple of months.We are still thinking of renting at first as we are not sure where we like best,too much choice!.You mentioned children, will they go to a Spanish school? There is a new school in Puerto Pollenca and half of the pupils are British,not sure if that is where you are heading. Good luck in your search for a home and let us know how you are getting on
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:43 pm
Rennie and Roch

Rachelle75 is on a distinguished road

Hi Rachelle,

I am in the process of moving to Majorca , Always liked Alcudia been there over and over again love the place ,, and this was the place i was going to settle !! Note i say was ! why i suddenly had a change was for 2 reasons !

1/ last year i visited late September , it was still warm as usual , And looked at a few properties alongside the lake area between Alcudia and Can picafort . thinking a nice lake for fishing with the sea a 2 minute stroll away be good.. Except along the whole stretch near to the lake the place was absolutely alive with Mossies !! It was a real problem with people running in and out of shops slapping and itching etc .. this problem eased when away from the lake .. i had never known it like that before and thank goodness i spotted it before buying there ..

2/ I love Alcudia the marina area the shops the beach etc and i thought this cant be beaten .. However i drove around the whole Coast from Alcudia North West through to South east and i found Cala Millor and i loved it.. Its got some nice spring off areas being built up , and didnt see a single Mossie !! No lake i guess !

So now Alcudia near the sea but away from the lake and the rivers , or Cala millor region for me thank you

Just thought i share that with you incase you are looking near the lake or rivers there ..
Hi Big John, Thanx for the tips on the mosies!!, We stayed in Alcudia last year, september actually, got eaten alive even with all the sprays and lotions money could buy. We are staying in Alcudia at first and looking at some propertys we've seen on the internet, my partner has work sorted already and i have 2 interviews lined up in pollenca so really happy and very excited!! Just my spanish is worse than bad, very bad, i hope ill pick it up?????? So when are you going out ?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:45 pm
Rennie and Roch

Hi Rachelle,

Sorry x Big Pete ??? its been a long day
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:49 pm
Rennie and Roch

Originally Posted by georgina
Hi Rachelle,Good to hear from you,we are just back from Majorca and the weather was wonderful and we can't wait for more of the same.We dont have a date yet, still have a lot to tie up here but hopefully in a couple of months.We are still thinking of renting at first as we are not sure where we like best,too much choice!.You mentioned children, will they go to a Spanish school? There is a new school in Puerto Pollenca and half of the pupils are British,not sure if that is where you are heading. Good luck in your search for a home and let us know how you are getting on
HI georgina, Thanx for the info about the school, I have 2 interviews lined up in pollenca, so thats good news for my 12 year old as she is very scared that she will be the only english girl!! Hope you had a great time on your break, so 2 months isnt long, what areas are your fav??
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:54 pm
Rennie and Roch

Hello to you all, ive just learnt how to send a messege with out all your quotes! mmmm Thanx for all your messeges, keep them coming it makes me feel like its a small world, and i like it!! keep smiling guys x
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:58 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Big John, Thanx for the tips on the mosies!!, We stayed in Alcudia last year, september actually, got eaten alive even with all the sprays and lotions money could buy. We are staying in Alcudia at first and looking at some propertys we've seen on the internet, my partner has work sorted already and i have 2 interviews lined up in pollenca so really happy and very excited!! Just my spanish is worse than bad, very bad, i hope ill pick it up?????? So when are you going out ?
Waitting for the sale of my place here , which is all waitting for the buyers to sell there place , hoping sooner the better ..

My Spanish is badder than yours but will learn it when over there as you will
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:01 pm
Rennie and Roch

Originally Posted by no lecee jon
just bought drinks bar in old town palma jeroboams in 12 c.llotja just behind the placa liotja, live in chiclana but no lecee sent me hear, building work from 19/3 open 1st june love to see any one having day trip to the cathedral and would be very cratefull for any help or info on the place thanks

jon
Hi jon looks like you got it all going on, good luck in you venture, whats the bar called, we will visit.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:11 pm
Rennie and Roch

Waitting for the sale of my place here , which is all waitting for the buyers to sell there place , hoping sooner the better ..

My Spanish is badder than yours but will learn it when over there as you will
I hope your chain moves quick so you can get out to the sun! good luck pete, keep in touch, let us know hows you get on with it all, Spanish??? mmmm
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:17 pm
Banned

I hope your chain moves quick so you can get out to the sun! good luck pete, keep in touch, let us know hows you get on with it all, Spanish??? mmmm
Well i am shy and dont chat on here much as a rule Rachelle , but for you i will post a few updates` regularly as you insisted

And if you need any Majorca tips then me or Big John are your men
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry too much about learning Spanish until you get there as Mallorqean (sorry may have got the spelling wrong) is very different to Spanish and is in fact its own language. I was speaking to a friend from Barcelona and apparently Catalan is quite close to Mallorqean so it may be worth learning that instead.

My parents have a place in the South East of Mallorca just below where San Salvador is. Not many mozzies there thank goodness as I always get eaten if any are near - I must taste nice

Porto Colom is a lovely place to visit if you are ever there. I have being going to the island for about 25 years and always end up on the lovely beaches there, my kiddies now enjoy them as much as I did as a child
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

oohh and i forgot to say, isn't it great that both easyjet and ryanair now fly to Palma - yey for competition
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

no lecee jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi jon looks like you got it all going on, good luck in you venture, whats the bar called, we will visit.
its called JEROBOAMS ,thanks my wife and i understand Spanish, more then we speak so am going to send two weeks with a lady in portals, you go shopping with her cook,and get involved with day to day life in Spanish, its for beginners to, its 3 hours a day cost 100 euro a week,
ring 0034 680 372 314 margie, she is dutch speaks 5 languages, i have heard good things about her.
jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.