Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought offplan

Anyone bought offplan

Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:36 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone bought offplan

Originally Posted by derbyflan
Could you expect to be asked to pay black money if you were buying off-plan or is this normally only ever on re-sale properties?
If you buy from a developer you shouldn´t be asked for black money. However, I have heard of one or two cases where it has happened. Perhaps it was a small developer in those cases.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 11:47 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
That's a really nice looking house Lionda. But surely there was a clause in the initial contract stating that the Developer would be penalised if they were late with delivery - as you would've no doubt been penalised for late payments?

Yes there was a clause in the initial contract - and that went over the 6 month leeway which is incorporated into the contract. However, as we switched to another property a new contract was written and that one is now 5 months over. The 6 month leeway is up to the end of April.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 2:18 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Ah! That makes sense now. Make sure you get what's yours if they run past April then I can't remember when it was you said you were planning on taking delivery?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:23 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
We've been talking about this yesterday again and decided that it will be worth waiting for - we just wish the waiting was over. As you can see from the picture, it's all but ready to move into!
Lovely place Lionda ..
Old Mar 17th 2007, 3:29 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

We've been talking about this yesterday again and decided that it will be worth waiting for - we just wish the waiting was over. As you can see from the picture, it's all but ready to move into!
Looks like a lovely house, Lionda!

Hang in there, it will be worth the wait!
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Wow thats some villa there Lionda. Not long now for you hopefully
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:29 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Wow thats some villa there Lionda. Not long now for you hopefully

Hope you don't think the villa on the left of the picture is part of it That's the one next door, ours is on one floor and we weren't told the one next door would have an extra room up top
Old Mar 17th 2007, 5:59 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Hope you don't think the villa on the left of the picture is part of it That's the one next door, ours is on one floor and we weren't told the one next door would have an extra room up top
No I thought it was the one you are saying. How many bedrooms 3?
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:10 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
No I thought it was the one you are saying. How many bedrooms 3?
Three bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en-suite) reception and separate kitchen. We opted not to have a garage as they wanted too much for that so there is a large underbuild which has been blocked off.
Old Mar 17th 2007, 6:48 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
If you buy from a developer you shouldn´t be asked for black money. However, I have heard of one or two cases where it has happened. Perhaps it was a small developer in those cases.
It does happen, I know of people who have
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:37 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Three bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en-suite) reception and separate kitchen. We opted not to have a garage as they wanted too much for that so there is a large underbuild which has been blocked off.
So if i rode over on "The Beast" to see you where would i park overnight ??
No garage ? and where you going to keep all your fishing tackle ? and where do you park your car ? and what about all the garden tools ? You sure that was a wise decision Lionda ?

Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:51 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Big Pete
So if i rode over on "The Beast" to see you where would i park overnight ??
No garage ? and where you going to keep all your fishing tackle ? and where do you park your car ? and what about all the garden tools ? You sure that was a wise decision Lionda ?

Gardening tools - will buy a shed
The car - We have a hard standing with double locking gates
Your 'beast' can stand next to our car, plenty of room
Fishing tackle - ermm - no fishing tackle
The empty underbuild we will be seeing about planning permission to
make it into a music room, nice and cool
You and Mrs Pete - we will have two spare bedrooms take your
pick
Old Mar 18th 2007, 6:42 pm
Banned

Gardening tools - will buy a shed
The car - We have a hard standing with double locking gates
Your 'beast' can stand next to our car, plenty of room
Fishing tackle - ermm - no fishing tackle
The empty underbuild we will be seeing about planning permission to
make it into a music room, nice and cool
You and Mrs Pete - we will have two spare bedrooms take your
pick
fair enough hmmmmm music room , maybe i bring me "Sounds of the Peak District Greatest Hits "
Old Mar 19th 2007, 12:11 am
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Big Pete
fair enough hmmmmm music room , maybe i bring me "Sounds of the Peak District Greatest Hits "
Not quite what we have in mind
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

sunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the roughsunnysenorita is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=keithwalters;4528008]
Originally Posted by scampicat

Yeah, we realise that. Not happy about it but what can you do? I´m not sure what narks me more - having to pay black money or having to pay the estate agents fees as a BUYER! Unfortunately that is how all the agents work here so there is no avoiding it. Most charge 2.5% each to the buyer and seller, but we have found one that charges 1.5% each.
Here on the Costa del Sol, the buyer does not pay agency fees (although there are probably costs included in the selling price).

It seems that different provinces in Spain have their independent ways of working.

Is it a Spanish agent that you are buying from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.