Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyne in Aquadulce?

Anyne in Aquadulce?

Old Aug 12th 2007, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice
Default Anyne in Aquadulce?

Hi we are thinking about buying a house in Aquadulce,has anyone any thoughts or comments about this place.Thanks Stuart
Old Aug 13th 2007, 7:24 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyne in Aquadulce?

Which Aguadulce? There's more than one!
Old Aug 13th 2007, 4:19 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Aguadulce near Roquetas de Mar in Almeria province is a popular resort - but that is precisely why I would not want to live there ... it is a RESORT, for holidaymakers, not a traditional working town/village.

However, if this is what you want it is quite a nice place if you can ignore the invernarados surrounding it.

IMHO, OK for a hoiliday home, but not to live full-time.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

I would say Roquetas the resort far more than Aquadulce, I quite like the place when we go that way, most of the greenhouses are not to be seen from Aquadulce, has a nice marina, but I dont like Roquetas as that is a true resort with all the large hotels advertised in well known brochures back in the UK , many bars and very noisy, not so sure about same sort of think in Aquadulce, why dont you spend a few days there to get the feel of the place first?
Old Aug 13th 2007, 10:22 pm
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

Hi stuart

We were going to move to Aguadulce up the road from Mollina/Antequera.
If that's where you're on about, you can ask and if we know the answer we will, of course, let you know.
We now live in Sierra de Yeguas, bought from Inland Andalucia - John - and still speak with Sue in after sales. Good company who look after you.

If I am close maybe we can have a drink. But we are in UK till the beginning of september.

Hope all goes well with you, as if it's our Aguadulce then you will have picked a very nice place. Quiet but with a fair proportion of brits and plenty of opportunity to learn Spanish. Its the first place in this area that we fell in love with, then found our huse in Sierra de Yeguas and never looked back.

Sorry for waffling, but we do love the whole area - more or less equidistant from Seville, Malaga and Granada.

stuart w from Sierra de Yeguas, Malaga; not far from Aguadulce, just in Seville.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Yep thats the one,and quess what its from the same company.We live in Barnsley Yorkshire and the house will not be ready untill the end of Dec.We will be coming over to Spain a few times before then.our next trip is 7th Sept for 3 days.It was Derick who was our guide,but I know Dave from watching Malaga football club.Regards Stuart and Marie.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 6:46 pm
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

Hiya

Derrick's a nice bloke, too. Met him a few times for coffee in Chavo's. John tried loads of properties for us after the one we wanted got snapped up before we got sorted out. Then he threw in a "wild card". That's where we are living. We will probably be out around 6th/7th of sept - driving down via the chunnel, so if you are there when we get over we could go into pedro's in Aguadulce, or come over to Sierra de Yeguas and meet our bar - John & Rosa.

You will no doubt have lots of dealings with Sue - she will sort out absolutely everything you need, so make sure you speak and get to know her. She saved us a few times - with her sharp-as-a-chef's-knife tongue and excellent grasp of Spanish and the Spanish people. She's worth her weight in gold.

When you see them mention Stuart and Wendy and Sierra de Yeguas, then after they finish groaning you can organise meeting. You will get on well with my wife Wendy - everybody does as she's so lovely. But don't say that...

Good luck with the purchase - you must be phase 3 - I think that's "Aguadulce 2" and we look forward to seeing some fellow Inlanders.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi.Sue certainly seems to know what she is doing.We will be over Sept 7th --10th and will be up in Auqadulce whatever day the football match in Malaga isn'nt.We don't know the place at all,just spent what little time we had there looking at the house.Are their many bars-- restaurants shops,banks etc? Thanks Stuart.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 10:35 am
Click my Signature

Originally Posted by stuart from barnsley
Hi.Sue certainly seems to know what she is doing.We will be over Sept 7th --10th and will be up in Auqadulce whatever day the football match in Malaga isn'nt.We don't know the place at all,just spent what little time we had there looking at the house.Are their many bars-- restaurants shops,banks etc? Thanks Stuart.
Hiya Stuart

I hope all went well for you.
I am in UK at the moment, to get my poorly foot seen to, but will be back next month sometime.
If you are both over in Spain, click on my signature and have a look at the website, then give Wendy a ring - she will no doubt be happy to meet you and get out of the house, which has an enormous hole in the garden at the moment; and mud, oh the mud and dirt...
Old Oct 20th 2007, 11:35 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjrw
Hiya Stuart

I hope all went well for you.
I am in UK at the moment, to get my poorly foot seen to, but will be back next month sometime.
If you are both over in Spain, click on my signature and have a look at the website, then give Wendy a ring - she will no doubt be happy to meet you and get out of the house, which has an enormous hole in the garden at the moment; and mud, oh the mud and dirt...
How have you managed that, or are you paying privately? (or are you UK resident?).

Last edited by scampicat; Oct 20th 2007 at 11:53 am.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

It just goes to show that you never know who watching you!!!Anyway Iam over in Spain untill the 28th Oct.Staying in Benalmadina.I will be coming over approx every fortnight untill Dec.Then we will be over Jan 5 untill Jan 10th.Spending a lot of time looking round furniture and lighting shops at the moment,as the house comes with a kitchen and thats it!So we need plenty of stuff!Regards Stuart and Marie.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that Aguadulce is in Seville. So no walking around wearing your Malaga shirt.