Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anybody who Bought a business in Spain?

Anybody who Bought a business in Spain?

Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody who Bought a business in Spain?

Originally Posted by Biffta
When you say you used to "go" to the WT&S, it was a fictitious club for TV only, recordings I believe made on a specially created set at Granada studios Manchester. And it wasn't just comedians, it was a 'variety' show, Or do you mean you went to these recordings at Granada? There was no 'club', so of course it's not still there!
Does that mean that when I go into the Rovers Return for a pint it is all in my imagination???
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Does that mean that when I go into the Rovers Return for a pint it is all in my imagination???
As is the beer in your stomach!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:10 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seems to have drifted sometimes in parts, but notwithstanding that, where has the OP gone?
Was it just a wind-up? Do you think every so often someone will join and ask a question on the lines of "I'm thinking of opening a business in Spain, what do others think"?
Then they sit back and chuckle!
I think it was an opening to advertise something as I saw another thread by the OP which said deleted, spam!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread seems to have drifted sometimes in parts, but notwithstanding that, where has the OP gone?
Was it just a wind-up? Do you think every so often someone will join and ask a question on the lines of "I'm thinking of opening a business in Spain, what do others think"?
Probably the wrong forum to ask that kind of question, but its one of the better known forums, this forum is not really aimed at businesses and the like, but having looked before not much is available in English on-line to discuss such matters.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Probably the wrong forum to ask that kind of question, but its one of the better known forums, this forum is not really aimed at businesses and the like, but having looked before not much is available in English on-line to discuss such matters.
Hi Andy, you're probably correct, but we seem to get quite a few such questions on the Forum. Nothing wrong with that necessarily and I may be doing the OP a disservice, but in many cases the question of "starting a business" is asked, much excellent advice is proffered, then the OP fades away, often with no thank you or other appreciative acknowledgement.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 9:38 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it happens quite a lot, but what does it matter? The ensuing discussion will be read by many other people who may benefit from any advice disclosed, or just benefit from a lively discussion.

Maybe the OP provided a clue when he mentioned 'water sports'.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
I suppose it happens quite a lot, but what does it matter? The ensuing discussion will be read by many other people who may benefit from any advice disclosed, or just benefit from a lively discussion.

Maybe the OP provided a clue when he mentioned 'water sports'.
Perhaps it doesn't matter and maybe my views are 'old fashioned', but even if all the advice is interesting and useful, I expect an OP (not pointing a finger at this one necessarily) to acknowledge the advice and dare I say it, even say thank you! Many do of course but some don't which I find most discourteous if not rude.
This happened to me on another 'techie' support forum. A new member asked a question. I asked for more information which he gave, then I provided a fairly comprehensive answer and since then.....nothing. It just annoys me that's all.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:20 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we take ourselves a bit too seriously at times? Here's an example, a very recent one, of people who have ignored our combined advice on running a business in Spain, even worse, it's a dreaded bar.

The bar was closed a year ago by her uncle after he lost the obligatory 30 to 40k trying to run it properly for a couple of years. He returned to the UK with his tail between his legs, leaving the place locked up and for sale, and it was never going to sell.

The young niece and her boyfriend came over in March and opened the place up, keeping a very low profile by buying their supplies from an adjoining bar and Mercadona and not bothering with all the burocracy involved.

They're doing quite well, especially with a large family and many friends coming over for the summer and everyone is having a good laugh, enjoying life.

As soon as the first official visits with a clipboard they'll be going home, with more money than they arrived with.

(If they buy two Litre bottles of Vodka from Mercadona and put them through their till, if they had one, they would make a 50 euro profit on those two bottles alone, and they sell lots of other things too).
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBG
Maybe we take ourselves a bit too seriously at times?
Maybe so, but as so often with the internet, basic manners seem to treated as unnecessary or irrelevant compared to face-to-face contact.
If, for example, I was in a bar and was asked for some advice and gave what I thought was helpful and comprehensive advice, I'd be most insulted if the person asking, merely then turned their back on me without a word and walked out!

Last edited by Countryboy1; Aug 1st 2013 at 3:55 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

much excellent advice is proffered, then the OP fades away, often with no thank you or other appreciative acknowledgement.
I understand your reasoning, but I think it's just "the way of the internet". As the advice goes: didn't cost anyone here anything or take more time that the typing. Maybe the OP did learn something, but it was "free" advice and it's a given of forum life that there's never any expectation of a reply or a thank-you. If it turns up, it's an extra.
That might not be the way that you or I was brought up but you learn to live with it. And would an insincere "thanks guys" really make any difference?
Old Aug 1st 2013, 5:19 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HBG
Maybe we take ourselves a bit too seriously at times? Here's an example, a very recent one...
You must have really big shoulders, everyone seems to come over and cry on them.

I've never heard so many sob stories. Last night's druggie example horrified me.

Keep up the good work.

Karma.

Old Aug 1st 2013, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

uk27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info guys.

However I was hoping more for facts rather than opinions. I'm sorry if that comes across as rude, but in all honesty none of you know the state of the business in question (even I don't yet as I haven't seen the books).

I wasn't asking whether I should buy a Spanish business, just what the process is.

Once I know more about the business I might be back on here asking for opinions about it but for now I just need to know about how I go about it!
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

I think really that you should just visit a English Speaking commercial lawyer(s) in Tenerife.

I think if you started up on your own you could probably get some good advice and opinion but when taking over or buying a business you really should seek a bit of legal advice as you would in the UK.

I guess it really is as simple as that, it a big annoyance for me there is no forums for UK business in Spain or other countries to discuss such issues.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Thanks Stevie. As I suspected it only applies to under 30s! Crazy.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Thanks Stevie. As I suspected it only applies to under 30s! Crazy.
Its changing in October to all, he pointed that out I believe and elsewhere I have read the same, if its not then you need to get a toy boy or a nice young chica (<35) to run the business for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.