Anybody help?

Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anybody help?

We live in Goa and have to return to UK to redo our visas, leaving on the 11
th May and looking for a place to stay for a holiday, anywhere in Spain for 6 to 10 weeks from 18th May onwards. Have to return to Goa August latest.
Anything, anywhere, preferably 2 or more bedrooms. Inland or coastal, somewhere one can get good Spanish food. Cheap would be nice but would consider anything. Any advice or contact appreciated.
Many thanks
Tony P
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anybody help?

Originally Posted by TONY P
We live in Goa and have to return to UK to redo our visas, leaving on the 11
th May and looking for a place to stay for a holiday, anywhere in Spain for 6 to 10 weeks from 18th May onwards. Have to return to Goa August latest.
Anything, anywhere, preferably 2 or more bedrooms. Inland or coastal, somewhere one can get good Spanish food. Cheap would be nice but would consider anything. Any advice or contact appreciated.
Many thanks
Tony P
Tony I live in Port Saplaya which is 3km off Valencia and is a unique development. Beach all the way and marina on the other side, but also shopping center nearby if you need it. Usually a lot of rentals but quite expensive the period hyou are looking at. I know some people here as have been living here for over a year but not sure if it is allowed to post any recomandations. You can PM me and I will give you a number from my landlady. She has properties in Valencia and Port Saplaya.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:42 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind staying in an area which is totally Spanish (but geared to tourists nonetheless) I have a couple of friends who rent out a village house close to Comillas in Santander province. They're German, but speak English (and Spanish) fluently. It's an amazingly beautiful area, close to beaches and the mountains of the Picos de Europa - plus Comillas itself is very attractive (google images of Comillas, Oyambre beach, Cantabria). I'm sure they could offer a substantial discount if you were staying more than a couple of weeks. The village itself is very rustic; however there are plenty of places within 10 minutes drive to eat either the local seafood or mountain produce; Comillas itself has plenty of bars and restaurants. Of course you can always cook at home if you prefer.
Please PM me if you want me to put you in touch. There are 2 caveats - 1) the summer climate of nothern Spain is milder than the Med coast. Think of a slightly warmer Cornwall, but with a similar chance of rain from time to time. 2) You probably won't be able to stay on in August - this is when the Madrilenos book everywhere solid in this area.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just make clear that people who own properties are not allowed to advertise their properties in the forums. Recommendations of places you have stayed are fine, but not your own properties
Sorry ... thems the rules
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

My fault Mitzyboy I should have phrased my request in a better way.
Thanks to those who replied, sorry I got you into trouble. I will pm everyone asap but my internet connection is very slow and quite often fails completely so please accept delays in responding.
Tony P
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:38 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tony P,

You didn't say if you speak Spanish - if yes ten how broad is a brush? if not then you need an "Ex-pat" area.
May I suggest that you use the internet to choose an area where you want to stay Spain is a large country.

Davexf
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

troides is an unknown quantity at this point

I may be able to put you in touch with someone in Cadiz province, an hour from Seville, beautiful area. I am sure the rental would be negotiable if they agree to a long hiring. pm me for more details and email link.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 5:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by troides
I may be able to put you in touch with someone in Cadiz province, an hour from Seville, beautiful area. I am sure the rental would be negotiable if they agree to a long hiring. pm me for more details and email link.
Read post 4......