Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any old wives tales

Wikiposts

Any old wives tales

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any old wives tales

Originally Posted by Domino
its a difficult one to call in your situation
the BH says the Spanish she works with are complaining about sore throats due to the dryness of the air in their air conditioned homes.

oh for the luxuries, our landlord just let us a bare house, no heat no aircon
so we have to get by with all the old wives remedies of open windows and fans - but even the punkah wallah is getting a bit tired in the heat.
It's far worse this year than I can ever remember - & I agree with your BH's colleagues about the sore throats - add dry skin & hair & you are some way to understanding why I hate it

anyway, it's only for a week or two more, if that - by the time the girls go back to school in 3 weeks the nights will almost be cold enough for duvets !
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
There was me thinking BE.com was for expats living in Spain! Doh!!! I wish people would put their locations in, to give us a clue where "round here" is.
didnt you know "The world is one big onion" ?
from Spain - of course
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
didnt you know "The world is one big onion" ?
from Spain - of course
If you say so!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

There was me thinking BE.com was for expats living in Spain! Doh!!! I wish people would put their locations in, to give us a clue where "round here" is.
Well there you are then, seems you got it wrong again.
I would respectfully suggest that its also for those thinking of going to Spain, expats who have left Spain, expats from other countries who have interests or connections with Spain or even oddballs like myself who live between Spain the UK and other countries.
I can only apologise for not having a permanent location and not always keeping you posted regarding my whereabouts, however when in Spain I'm usually in the Valencian region.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 1:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well there you are then, seems you got it wrong again.
I would respectfully suggest that its also for those thinking of going to Spain, expats who have left Spain, expats from other countries who have interests or connections with Spain or even oddballs like myself who live between Spain the UK and other countries.
I can only apologise for not having a permanent location and not always keeping you posted regarding my whereabouts, however when in Spain I'm usually in the Valencian region.
Not you Dick - you did say in your post that you were in the UK.

But when people talk about "round here"and you have no idea where they are, it makes it sort of hard to make sense of what they are saying, doncha think?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 2:08 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Not you Dick - you did say in your post that you were in the UK.

But when people talk about "round here"and you have no idea where they are, it makes it sort of hard to make sense of what they are saying, doncha think?
BE is actually a huge platform for all expats all over the world from Europe to Australia, Dubai, Malaysia and a hundred other countries.

What many people don't realise is that their posts can be read by all. Most people start off in Spain (or Italy or Australia or Canada or The Middle East etc) and stick to that section of the forum. The place they know best. Some people only think that that part exists.

You are all in fact quite free to roam around all over and read posts and comment or even open new threads.