British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Any news on the water park? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/any-news-water-park-850850/)

keithBT Jan 15th 2015 10:56 pm

Any news on the water park?

Hi, I'm in the UK (wet & cool) wondering if anything has started on the site for the new water park, much heralded by the town hall last autumn and to open on June 30th 2015. Ha ha !!! I would have thought the developer would be clearing the landscape by now with bulldozers if they are to have any hope of completing by the date. Anyone over there seen anything yet??

EsuriJohn Jan 15th 2015 11:09 pm

Re: Any news on the water park?

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11535063)
Hi, I'm in the UK (wet & cool) wondering if anything has started on the site for the new water park, much heralded by the town hall last autumn and to open on June 30th 2015. Ha ha !!! I would have thought the developer would be clearing the landscape by now with bulldozers if they are to have any hope of completing by the date. Anyone over there seen anything yet??

Absolutely nothing happening nor likely to either!

Ps wet windy and cool here tonight first rain for weeks and very little sun yesterday for the first time in days. Never mind today is wall to wall sunshine but cool.

BILL AND CLAIRE Jan 16th 2015 7:27 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11535076)

Ps wet windy and cool here tonight first rain for weeks and very little sun yesterday for the first time in days. Never mind today is wall to wall sunshine but cool.

Something tells me 2015 must be ELECTION year. Just a thought ?? :amen::nod:

Wattles of Wry Jan 20th 2015 8:32 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11535076)

Something is in the process as I have seen the project in the opening department of the Town Hall. However, we all know how long things can take in Spain! :fingerscrossed:

keithBT Feb 12th 2015 4:03 pm

Surely, we have got to be looking at a june 2016 opening date now. ????

EsuriJohn Feb 12th 2015 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11563610)
Surely, we have got to be looking at a june 2016 opening date now. ????

I would have thought so. If they stared next week (of which there is no sign) they would be looking at opening in December, not very viable so July 2016 looks likely.

Jon-Bxl Feb 14th 2015 7:20 am

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn (Post 11563655)
I would have thought so. If they stared next week (of which there is no sign) they would be looking at opening in December, not very viable so July 2016 looks likely.

Or we will hear about it (and the Marina) in a few years time.... errrrr :sarcasm:before the next mayoral elections!

Interesting how McDO got the whole 'system' sussed and got going and built quickly....

Jon

keithBT Feb 14th 2015 12:16 pm

I guess it will help if MF gets forced into liquidation next week. At least the hotel & shops will get sold off and finished................ making the whole area much more viable for the water park & marina. In some ways it will be nice to have the option of shopping locally, or using the cinema but I'm inclined to think we could be sat in traffic jams over the bridge (at peak times) trying to get to our homes because of all the traffic caused by the hotel ,shops & GC when it is thriving. Just a thought !!

AndyS Feb 14th 2015 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by keithBT (Post 11565407)
I guess it will help if MF gets forced into liquidation next week. At least the hotel & shops will get sold off and finished................ making the whole area much more viable for the water park & marina. In some ways it will be nice to have the option of shopping locally, or using the cinema but I'm inclined to think we could be sat in traffic jams over the bridge (at peak times) trying to get to our homes because of all the traffic caused by the hotel ,shops & GC when it is thriving. Just a thought !!

Whatever you are on, can you let me know please as, having watched Eng v Aus (humiliation) and West Brom v West Ham (utter humiliation), I need a large dose of optimism;)

EsuriJohn Feb 14th 2015 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 11565457)
Whatever you are on, can you let me know please as, having watched Eng v Aus (humiliation) and West Brom v West Ham (utter humiliation), I need a large dose of optimism;)

If you can get without prescription can I have some!

johnnyone Feb 14th 2015 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by AndyS (Post 11565457)

You need optimism. I'm a Leyton Orient supporter!

AndyS Feb 14th 2015 7:57 pm

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Originally Posted by johnnyone (Post 11565606)

shirley and anthony hide Feb 14th 2015 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by johnnyone (Post 11565606)

I can trump that .
72 virgins, I am a suicide bomber.