Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any news on the water park?

Any news on the water park?

Old Jan 15th 2015, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any news on the water park?

Hi, I'm in the UK (wet & cool) wondering if anything has started on the site for the new water park, much heralded by the town hall last autumn and to open on June 30th 2015. Ha ha !!! I would have thought the developer would be clearing the landscape by now with bulldozers if they are to have any hope of completing by the date. Anyone over there seen anything yet??
Old Jan 15th 2015, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Any news on the water park?

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hi, I'm in the UK (wet & cool) wondering if anything has started on the site for the new water park, much heralded by the town hall last autumn and to open on June 30th 2015. Ha ha !!! I would have thought the developer would be clearing the landscape by now with bulldozers if they are to have any hope of completing by the date. Anyone over there seen anything yet??
Absolutely nothing happening nor likely to either!

Ps wet windy and cool here tonight first rain for weeks and very little sun yesterday for the first time in days. Never mind today is wall to wall sunshine but cool.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jan 15th 2015 at 11:11 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any news on the water park?

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn

Ps wet windy and cool here tonight first rain for weeks and very little sun yesterday for the first time in days. Never mind today is wall to wall sunshine but cool.
Something tells me 2015 must be ELECTION year. Just a thought ??
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Wattles of Wry is an unknown quantity at this point

Something is in the process as I have seen the project in the opening department of the Town Hall. However, we all know how long things can take in Spain!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: Any news on the water park?

Surely, we have got to be looking at a june 2016 opening date now. ????
Old Feb 12th 2015, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Surely, we have got to be looking at a june 2016 opening date now. ????
I would have thought so. If they stared next week (of which there is no sign) they would be looking at opening in December, not very viable so July 2016 looks likely.
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:20 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought so. If they stared next week (of which there is no sign) they would be looking at opening in December, not very viable so July 2016 looks likely.
Or we will hear about it (and the Marina) in a few years time.... errrrr before the next mayoral elections!

Interesting how McDO got the whole 'system' sussed and got going and built quickly....

Jon
Old Feb 14th 2015, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I guess it will help if MF gets forced into liquidation next week. At least the hotel & shops will get sold off and finished................ making the whole area much more viable for the water park & marina. In some ways it will be nice to have the option of shopping locally, or using the cinema but I'm inclined to think we could be sat in traffic jams over the bridge (at peak times) trying to get to our homes because of all the traffic caused by the hotel ,shops & GC when it is thriving. Just a thought !!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

I guess it will help if MF gets forced into liquidation next week. At least the hotel & shops will get sold off and finished................ making the whole area much more viable for the water park & marina. In some ways it will be nice to have the option of shopping locally, or using the cinema but I'm inclined to think we could be sat in traffic jams over the bridge (at peak times) trying to get to our homes because of all the traffic caused by the hotel ,shops & GC when it is thriving. Just a thought !!
Whatever you are on, can you let me know please as, having watched Eng v Aus (humiliation) and West Brom v West Ham (utter humiliation), I need a large dose of optimism
Old Feb 14th 2015, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by AndyS
Whatever you are on, can you let me know please as, having watched Eng v Aus (humiliation) and West Brom v West Ham (utter humiliation), I need a large dose of optimism
If you can get without prescription can I have some!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
You need optimism. I'm a Leyton Orient supporter!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnnyone
Old Feb 14th 2015, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
I can trump that .
72 virgins, I am a suicide bomber.