Reload this Page >

ANY HELP PLEASE

ANY HELP PLEASE

Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

joannesmith79 will become famous soon enough
Default ANY HELP PLEASE

Hi everyone,

my family and i are planning to relocate to Spain (Costa Blanca) in the Summer of 2010 and would appreciate as much advice as possible on:
1. whether to buy new or resale?
2. State or private school for our daughter (who will be 4)
3. Good areas/communities to move to.

Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ANY HELP PLEASE

Originally Posted by joannesmith79
Hi everyone,

my family and i are planning to relocate to Spain (Costa Blanca) in the Summer of 2010 and would appreciate as much advice as possible on:
1. whether to buy new or resale?
2. State or private school for our daughter (who will be 4)
3. Good areas/communities to move to.

Thanks
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Rent first and make sure you like the area etc before buying.
State school, easier for her to integrate and learn the language and culture of Spain and help you with your Spanish.
Don`t know the area, but someone will be along later to help.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

With regard to housing would concur with all the above,only sayin that resale would prob offer better value for money,along with less danger of the place being knocked down around you ears

With regard to places on the CB,north of Alicante is best (INMHO).
Places I would reccomend are La Nucia,approx 20 miles N of Benidorm,Altea,Javier/Xabier etc.
If you prefer a larger more lively place,how about Alicante itself?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi Joanne welcome.
Most people would say rent first to see if you like the area which makes good sense when moving to another Country.
We decided however to buy off-plan in Hondon south of Alicante inland as it felt right for us! We aren't seaside people and the Countryside location is similar to how we live just now...maybe a bit sunnier at times though!

My Son will be 8 by the time he starts state school in September. We chose this after researching and deciding it will be better for him and he will pick up the language quickly and integrate with Spanish children as well as other nationalities.

Lots of research and reading the forums will ensure you pick up lots of tips.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

Hi KittyKitty

Thanks for your advice. We too are seriously considering buying off plan as we know it will be exactly as we want it before we move in. From your experience are you happy you bought off plan rather than a resale? How did you find the whole process of buying off plan and have you had any problems?

Many thanks

Joanne
Old Apr 11th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi Joanne I have pm'd you.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Kitty

It won't let me read my private messages until i've made 3 posts.

Joanne
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Rent first and make sure you like the area etc before buying.
State school, easier for her to integrate and learn the language and culture of Spain and help you with your Spanish.
Don`t know the area, but someone will be along later to help.
I was just wondering how many times you have actually written that in the last 5 years mate.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:51 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I was just wondering how many times you have actually written that in the last 5 years mate.
Lost track, ;-))
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Lost track, ;-))
I wonder if its worth doing a checklist of things for Spain?

It could be like a countdown list.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:54 pm
Just Joined

Kitty,
i have now managed to read your message thanks
Old Apr 11th 2008, 12:56 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by joannesmith79
Kitty,
i have now managed to read your message thanks
Did you read mine and icortez posts too ?