Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

aNY EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING IN OR AROUND CREVILLENTE

aNY EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING IN OR AROUND CREVILLENTE

Old May 9th 2007, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

jazzjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aNY EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING IN OR AROUND CREVILLENTE

We live on min wage here in uk with an 8yr old son who is well above average intelligence. We have the chance to live rent free with savings to last 12months in my mother inlaws house in between Crevillente and Catral, our main aim being to give our son a chance to see something different and for him to attend a Spanish school for at least 12months. We have visited Catral which is typically spanish and we are impressed and so is he. We are trying our best to learn spanish and hope we will pick it up better when mixing with spanish. We have nothing to lose here in UK by doing what were doing and the worst that can happen is we come back and start where we left off. We are willing to work for the the min wage in or around those areas as we have adequate childcare in place their. I would be grateful for any advice.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aNY EXPATS LIVING AND WORKING IN OR AROUND CREVILLENTE

Originally Posted by jazzjc
We live on min wage here in uk with an 8yr old son who is well above average intelligence. We have the chance to live rent free with savings to last 12months in my mother inlaws house in between Crevillente and Catral, our main aim being to give our son a chance to see something different and for him to attend a Spanish school for at least 12months. We have visited Catral which is typically spanish and we are impressed and so is he. We are trying our best to learn spanish and hope we will pick it up better when mixing with spanish. We have nothing to lose here in UK by doing what were doing and the worst that can happen is we come back and start where we left off. We are willing to work for the the min wage in or around those areas as we have adequate childcare in place their. I would be grateful for any advice.
Although its often disputed, the average wage in spain is thought to be about 13k euros. I don't know the area, but I'm suspecting that if it is typically Spanish then you WILL need to speak the language to have a chance of getting a job.
Don't forget, work here is on a different cycle. You work through to about 1.30 - 2 pm and then go back after a siesta at around 5 till finish. Must take some getting used to!
Old May 10th 2007, 8:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Although its often disputed, the average wage in spain is thought to be about 13k euros. I don't know the area, but I'm suspecting that if it is typically Spanish then you WILL need to speak the language to have a chance of getting a job.
Don't forget, work here is on a different cycle. You work through to about 1.30 - 2 pm and then go back after a siesta at around 5 till finish. Must take some getting used to!
yes.........a lot of people come out here thinking they'll have a better family life...only to see less of each other!
Old May 13th 2007, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Hello Jazz,
Spoke to you the other day,we are moving to Crevillente in the 1st week of July. You say u r between Catral and Crevillente,would that be Albetera area,my sister and her family live there.Has your son started school yet,if so which one?