Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

any advice please

any advice please

Old Dec 25th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future
Default any advice please

hi
we are at present planning on possibly moving to europe in the next year and what i am after is feedback from people who have moved there what there feelings are and the availability of jobs as i am a lorry driver uk class 1,also we would like advice on the best places to live we are both beach people so we wouldnt like to be far from the beaches,and finally if we could get advice on house prices,could anybody tell us how they went about there move websites to look at any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks to anybody who reads this and gives advice
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any advice please

Originally Posted by chasandange
hi
we are at present planning on possibly moving to europe in the next year and what i am after is feedback from people who have moved there what there feelings are and the availability of jobs as i am a lorry driver uk class 1,also we would like advice on the best places to live we are both beach people so we wouldnt like to be far from the beaches,and finally if we could get advice on house prices,could anybody tell us how they went about there move websites to look at any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks to anybody who reads this and gives advice
Have a llook on the various threads that are titled 'moving to Spain' or similar, use the thread search to find them. Most of your questions will already have been answered.
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:51 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i dont think your questions can be answered just like that. Before i moved here to Spain i was reading through loads of stuff on this forum (and others) to get a general feel about how people were feeling.
You just say Europe, so youre considering anywhere in europe not just spain?
Theres a lot of countries in europe with lovely beaches, and of course you have the warm climate of Spain so you can spend more time enjoying the beaches. But availability of jobs can be quite low.
Just do your research, and best of luck!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 10:11 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

hi
I assume you mean that you are a lorry driver currently in the UK, How can you move TO Europe...being as you already ARE in Europe (though after so many years of not being considered Europeans, the Spanish would chuckle at this).
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future

no i am at present in nz as a truck driver
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:12 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

no i am at present in nz as a truck driver
Ironporer means you are a EU citizen and can move and work ( if you can get a job ) anywhere in the Union, without the need for visas etc
Although there are lots of English speakers around the coastal areas it will be very difficult to get a driving job in a foreign country unless you are fluent in the language though.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

bizzbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi My brother was a class 1 driver in the UK on coming to Spain he was offered 2 jobs but decided to to return to the UK for a few months a year to earn an income. He says he will try driving in Spain but does not like the idea of delivering in the narrow streets in Spain he hopes to do this early next year