Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any advice on which mobile network to use?

Any advice on which mobile network to use?

Old Jan 24th 2016, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

CorinnaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any advice on which mobile network to use?

Sorry, this will be a bit complicated but every bit of advice will be very much appreciated.

We are planning to spend the winter months in a rented accommodation in Southern Spain as I have an internet business and can work anywhere in the world.

My business requires me to phone for around 60 hours a months with people all over the world, mostly in Europe, America, Australia.

I would like to take a mobile phone and need a network that allows calls to all these countries without being too expensive. Does anybody have an idea how I could achieve this?

Do I find a mobile network here in the UK with cheap enough roaming charges and international call rates? Will it work in Spain?

Or do I better sign up with a network in Spain for pay as you go?

thanks for answering
Old Jan 24th 2016, 8:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any advice on which mobile network to use?

Originally Posted by CorinnaM
Sorry, this will be a bit complicated but every bit of advice will be very much appreciated.

We are planning to spend the winter months in a rented accommodation in Southern Spain as I have an internet business and can work anywhere in the world.

My business requires me to phone for around 60 hours a months with people all over the world, mostly in Europe, America, Australia.

I would like to take a mobile phone and need a network that allows calls to all these countries without being too expensive. Does anybody have an idea how I could achieve this?

Do I find a mobile network here in the UK with cheap enough roaming charges and international call rates? Will it work in Spain?

Or do I better sign up with a network in Spain for pay as you go?

thanks for answering
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

BigD Nerja is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you considered a smart phone with Skype? Providing you can get Internet access. I used it a lot last year and you can set it up so the receiver will have your number displayed and calling landlines or mobiles is very reasonable. If you can persuade your clients to use Skype the calls are free!
Old Jan 24th 2016, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

BigD Nerja is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Yoigo on a PAYG Sim card which had very decent data allowances for when I wasn't on wifi. Take your passport when you go to get the Sim even PAYG.