Reload this Page >

Any Advice or Help appreciated

Any Advice or Help appreciated

Old Jun 10th 2014, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

DebzG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Advice or Help appreciated

Hi Guys,

Have decided to try and go further with a dream to live in Lanzarote.

I am a 44 year old single woman with a 20 year old (no problems with her finding work as years experience in bar work) I have a 12 year old daughter whom obviously needs to continue schooling.

Any advice on the move would be welcomed. Do I buy? Do I rent? Wheres best to live?

I am hoping to convince my parents to come along also, they are lively 70's.

Whats the situation with Health Care etc for us all??

If you know anything no matter how big or small I welcome your advice.

Scary thought, but need to do it, just about to lose a friend to Cancer, has just made me realise, bite the bullet and live life, before its too late.

Thanks all xxx
Old Jun 10th 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Advice or Help appreciated

For such a big general query you need to search through the forum for each item.
You do not give much detail about yourself and your circumstances, so it is difficult to be specific.
tax-income, inheritance, very important, very different here
Residency-requirements are much stricter now, you have to prove you have enough money to support you, and have health cover.
Dental care is private here, no NHS
Health
Schools- even state schools have expenses

Also search information sites for ex pats such as UK in Spain, Anglo info, etc Just Google-there will be many
Don't assume your daughter will have no problems finding a job;surely you have read about the economic and employment situation here? Have you got to work? if so, you may have to rethink your dream
By the way, make sure you have enough money to support you all for at least a year. Don't underestimate what you will need-it's no longer much cheaper in Spain!
Old Jun 10th 2014, 3:19 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebzG

Hi Guys,

Have decided to try and go further with a dream to live in Lanzarote.

I am a 44 year old single woman with a 20 year old (no problems with her finding work as years experience in bar work) I have a 12 year old daughter whom obviously needs to continue schooling.

Any advice on the move would be welcomed. Do I buy? Do I rent? Wheres best to live?

I am hoping to convince my parents to come along also, they are lively 70's.

Whats the situation with Health Care etc for us all??

If you know anything no matter how big or small I welcome your advice.

Scary thought, but need to do it, just about to lose a friend to Cancer, has just made me realise, bite the bullet and live life, before its too late.

Thanks all xxx
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. I am the Concierge for the Spanish section and thought that you might find it helpful to know that the moderators for the Spanish forums are Fred James and Bevs, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you dream of Lanzarote as opposed to any where else in Spain?
Old Jun 10th 2014, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, looking through the previous threads will prove to be informative and possibly humorous.
Old Jan 23rd 2015, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Tracey Devlin is an unknown quantity at this point

I see this thread is from last Summer. Did you make the move? We are thinking of it also to Lanzarote and I was wondering about the school? Our daughter is 16. Let me know if you did it, and how it is working out