Ants !!!

Old Jul 16th 2006, 11:20 pm
~*♥*~

Tweetie is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Ants !!!

What would you suggest against ants ? They are all over the place and having two dogs, there always seem to be crumbs for them to discover.
At the moment I use Zum, but it smells quite strong and I worry what effect it could have on our dogs (and us) eventhough we ventilate well. Indoors I mostly prefer using a Lavender scented one (other brand) but that doesn't seem to do much , Zum does but using that worries me.
There is no point in finding the nests and pouring boiling water over them, because they are everywhere and most are coming from the (small) road outside our house and the neighbours' gardens as well. Help !!

Last edited by Tweetie; Jul 16th 2006 at 11:46 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 10:30 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of
Default Re: Ants !!!

Originally Posted by Tweetie
What would you suggest against ants ? They are all over the place and having two dogs, there always seem to be crumbs for them to discover.
At the moment I use Zum, but it smells quite strong and I worry what effect it could have on our dogs (and us) eventhough we ventilate well. Indoors I mostly prefer using a Lavender scented one (other brand) but that doesn't seem to do much , Zum does but using that worries me.
There is no point in finding the nests and pouring boiling water over them, because they are everywhere and most are coming from the (small) road outside our house and the neighbours' gardens as well. Help !!
We use an orange powder/sandy grain, can't remember the actual name but it's in all stores.
The idea is that the ants mistake this for food which they take back deep into the nest where it is eaten. It contains a poison which kills off the ants at the source.

It's great stuff and usually keeps the little blighters away for several weeks to a month.
They will always come back as more colonies form, so it's just a case of continuing the treatment.

Be carefull that this stuff is not anywhere where the dogs might eat it, it would make them very sick indeed if eaten in any great quantity.

We have 2 cats so usually just put the powder into the flower beds, on the soil.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 1:15 pm
~*♥*~

Tweetie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ants !!!

Originally Posted by BritBull
We use an orange powder/sandy grain, can't remember the actual name but it's in all stores.
The idea is that the ants mistake this for food which they take back deep into the nest where it is eaten. It contains a poison which kills off the ants at the source.

It's great stuff and usually keeps the little blighters away for several weeks to a month.
They will always come back as more colonies form, so it's just a case of continuing the treatment.

Be carefull that this stuff is not anywhere where the dogs might eat it, it would make them very sick indeed if eaten in any great quantity.

We have 2 cats so usually just put the powder into the flower beds, on the soil.
Thanks for that, will have a look out for it in the shops here. Putting it in the flower beds is an excellent idea as well !!