Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour

Old Mar 28th 2010, 11:17 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-social behaviour

I like dogs. I don't like seeing them mistreated or let to run wild here with all the risks, but I don't much like the alternative of seeing them on a short chain 24/7

There's an awful lot of idiots that shouldn't be allowed a pet rock, let alone a living animal.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:16 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back on topic, crime incidents have dropped in Málaga! According to the Police anyway although reading Spanish comments no-one believes their stats. There are only 100 robberies per day now.

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100330/m...-20100330.html
Old Mar 31st 2010, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

This was the lead story on the Spanish news yesterday.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/catal...30elpcat_6/Tes

Several thousand British uni students went to Salou to get p**sed. On the news they had the debate on whether Spain should be attracting this type of tourist anymore. People who worked in the hotels said they had to, but the ayuntamiento people said they only try and attract high culture types, which these students were because they went to uni

On the El Pais site there are several pictures of them getting naked for the cameras.

Not good for the image of British people in Spain
Old Apr 1st 2010, 8:56 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

Several thousand British uni students went to Salou to get p**sed. On the news they had the debate on whether Spain should be attracting this type of tourist anymore. People who worked in the hotels said they had to, but the ayuntamiento people said they only try and attract high culture types, which these students were because they went to uni

On the El Pais site there are several pictures of them getting naked for the cameras.

I saw some pictures in the British press this week. To be honest they didn't seem any worse than a normal Saturday night out in a lot of UK cities. It is a shame that we're good at exporting this type of behaviour - it's not just Spain that gets it, Corfu, Latvia and Prague have had it too. I really don't know the answer - unless Gordon's master plan is to wreck the economy (and the pound) so much that Brits can't afford to go abroad any more.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:03 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I saw some pictures in the British press this week. To be honest they didn't seem any worse than a normal Saturday night out in a lot of UK cities. It is a shame that we're good at exporting this type of behaviour - it's not just Spain that gets it, Corfu, Latvia and Prague have had it too. I really don't know the answer - unless Gordon's master plan is to wreck the economy (and the pound) so much that Brits can't afford to go abroad any more.
It is coming on the News at Ten in a moment, so there should be plenty of bare asses on show, and a lot of projectile vomiting not to mention some spectacular falls.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
It is coming on the News at Ten in a moment, so there should be plenty of bare asses on show, and a lot of projectile vomiting not to mention some spectacular falls.
I've never been to the Pamplona San Fermin festival, but I've been told behaviour there is bad too.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:11 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I've never been to the Pamplona San Fermin festival, but I've been told behaviour there is bad too.
Yes, that is right plenty of bad behaviour, those bulls dont give a damn how bad they behave, run wild gorging people and frightening the wits out of the joggers running through the streets, not to mention crapping all over the show.

Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:39 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Yes, that is right plenty of bad behaviour, those bulls dont give a damn how bad they behave, run wild gorging people and frightening the wits out of the joggers running through the streets, not to mention crapping all over the show.

The bulls are probably the only ones present with even half a brain.
To any brainless morons dumb enough to get in their way, tough-sh!t.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 9:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

If there are 5000 students there what do the authorities expect...anyone still remember uni do's As I read it this was widely advertised as a Sportsfest but everyone knows it is a copy of the student spring breaks in the USA. On the spanish news a few said they welcomed the trade. I remember this hit the headlines maybe last year or the year before, grown into a sort of ritual. Glad I wasn't there though
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 9:29 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
The bulls are probably the only ones present with even half a brain.
To any brainless morons dumb enough to get in their way, tough-sh!t.

If I was present in a San Fermin type of event, I would be running, but in the opposite direction........
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

SacredOwl is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Anti-social behaviour

Anti Social behaviour is the result of bad or indifferent parenting. Long gone are the days when family groups related to other family groups which was a very civilised way of keeping families in touch as well as meeting other people in amicable circumstances. Once this vital thread is broken, society becomes fragmented into 'age' groups where one group rarely relates to another unless it is forced to. At 63 years old I don't care much for the way society has turned out. I do NOT go downtown on Friday or Saturday nights as there is a chance that you might just look at a youth in a group the wrong way and innocently attract aggressive behaviour. I was once waiting for a train during daylight hours and just happened to glance at a couple of foul mouthed youths hugging beer cans when one of them shouted 'Whaddayou fuc...g looking at'. No wonder people of my generation miss the old civilised days.

'Oldie' in Essex
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 10:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

On the Spanish news today amidst the solemn religious processions they showed one from Leon which appeared to be a send-up or p!ss take of the real thing with Jesus on the main float looking very drunk with a half empty bottle in his hand and everyone else in the procession in various states of disarray taking off those kkk guys with funny hats and masks.
The whole thing seemed a well attended but very inebriated affair with drunks laid about all over the place.
I was a bit taken aback, if not shocked myself,couldn't believe what I was seeing,..yet the Spanish family I was with, had a good chuckle at it.
I could not imagine such a public insult to religion taking place in the UK or anywhere else.
From what I saw,it made the UK yobs look quite respectable by comparison.
Wonder if anyone else saw it or could shed any light on the drunken proceedings?
Old Apr 2nd 2010, 11:05 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SacredOwl
Anti Social behaviour is the result of bad or indifferent parenting. Long gone are the days when family groups related to other family groups which was a very civilised way of keeping families in touch as well as meeting other people in amicable circumstances. Once this vital thread is broken, society becomes fragmented into 'age' groups where one group rarely relates to another unless it is forced to. At 63 years old I don't care much for the way society has turned out. I do NOT go downtown on Friday or Saturday nights as there is a chance that you might just look at a youth in a group the wrong way and innocently attract aggressive behaviour. I was once waiting for a train during daylight hours and just happened to glance at a couple of foul mouthed youths hugging beer cans when one of them shouted 'Whaddayou fuc...g looking at'. No wonder people of my generation miss the old civilised days.

'Oldie' in Essex
Well? What were you looking at?
I don't know that all anti social behaviour can be whithered down to bad or indifferent parenting. It doesn't help granted, but some of the most well looked after kids I knew ended up being the most violent and aggressive people in gangs. Just for the fun of it. I also know it made the parents feel like crap because they were always asking me for advice and if I could stop their kids being so bad. (I was a good boy in a bad environment)
In the past year or so, I have noticed that when I stop to let people cross at the crossings over here the people who give me the most thanks are the YOUNG, Spanish and British people.. The older of both nationalities seem to ignore the fact that I have stopped to wave them past..?? Why do they do this. This to me is very anti social.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:04 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
Well? What were you looking at?
I don't know that all anti social behaviour can be whithered down to bad or indifferent parenting. It doesn't help granted, but some of the most well looked after kids I knew ended up being the most violent and aggressive people in gangs. Just for the fun of it. I also know it made the parents feel like crap because they were always asking me for advice and if I could stop their kids being so bad. (I was a good boy in a bad environment)
In the past year or so, I have noticed that when I stop to let people cross at the crossings over here the people who give me the most thanks are the YOUNG, Spanish and British people.. The older of both nationalities seem to ignore the fact that I have stopped to wave them past..?? Why do they do this. This to me is very anti social.
Not sure if its down to the area I live in, where I must say ppl.are exceptionally polite, or down to general changes in attitude,but the courtesy at zebra crossings in my local town is better than anything I've seen in the UK and a complete contrast to what I saw when first living in Spain,when to dare to venture on a zebra at that time, was to take your life in your hands..
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Not sure if its down to the area I live in, where I must say ppl.are exceptionally polite, or down to general changes in attitude,but the courtesy at zebra crossings in my local town is better than anything I've seen in the UK and a complete contrast to what I saw when first living in Spain,when to dare to venture on a zebra at that time, was to take your life in your hands..
I agree with you.

Also around here if the policia see you crossing on a zebra before the green man shows they will tell you off.

I always used to wonder why some people just wait when there is no traffic coming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.