Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anti Cal Devices

Anti Cal Devices

Old May 16th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anti Cal Devices

Has anyone had one of those anti cal devices fitted to their boiler/wells? Before going for one I would like to know if someone has had one fitted and does it work. Our cal deposits seem to be getting worse.
Old May 16th 2007, 8:21 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anti Cal Devices

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Has anyone had one of those anti cal devices fitted to their boiler/wells? Before going for one I would like to know if someone has had one fitted and does it work. Our cal deposits seem to be getting worse.
Our spanish friends have one and she wouldnt be with out it. We are having them on each boiler and onw where the water enters the house.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Our spanish friends have one and she wouldnt be with out it. We are having them on each boiler and onw where the water enters the house.
Are they expensive and do they have to be fitted by a professional or could a DIYer do it and how big are they?

Sorry but this is all new to me and our water does seem to be a problem.

Rosemary
Old May 16th 2007, 4:04 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

No a diy person can do it the small ones are around 40 Euros. There are bigger ones, they are in the hundreds about 190 Euros. They go on the inlet pipe.

Sharon
Old May 16th 2007, 8:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the problem is caused by having the boiler on the wrong temperature settings etc.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:27 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir

Hi Chiclanagirl

We have one fitted to the water pipe that leads from the pump, I think it has made a big difference to the cal content in the water. When we had it fitted we were told that it would take a couple of months for you to notice a great improvement and the certainly has. Can't say it s cheap to have done but well worth it, the price was about 450 plus 40E for fitting.

I would recommend it, so would OH. I have PM you with the name of a local man in Chiclana.
Old May 16th 2007, 9:42 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Are they expensive and do they have to be fitted by a professional or could a DIYer do it and how big are they?

Sorry but this is all new to me and our water does seem to be a problem.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary

I have PM'd you, the size of ours is about the same size as the average paperback book and they fit nearly all types of pipes.