Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another Spanish theme park project

Another Spanish theme park project

Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:44 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Spanish theme park project

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/03/13/...34_540816.html

Catalan theme park Port Aventura announced on Thursday that it is going to spend 100 million euros on new area devoted to Italian sports car manufacturer and racing team Ferrari, which will grant the park a license for the project. The deal was signed on Thursday between the firm and Bonomi Investindustrial, the theme park owner, the latter said in a press release.
May appeal to some I suppose? I still can't see the difference between the Spanish and Catalan approach though...
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Spanish theme park project

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

May appeal to some I suppose? I still can't see the difference between the Spanish and Catalan approach though...
I wish I was still a kid I would have been begging to go to Ferrari World, looks awesome, and does not look a waste of money.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 10:15 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

All those Spanish projects look good at computer mock up stage
Old Mar 14th 2014, 12:08 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Amongst Spain's best value propositions is tourism, so it makes perfect sense that tourist attractions would be a logical thing to invest in.

Certainly more practical than investing in more ghost airports...

All the better if it ever get built, and even better, if it succeeds.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 7:44 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's quite noticeable that Catalans generally have quite a bit more between their ears than the Spanish where business is concerned at least.

No disrespect intended, as personally I prefer to live among the more laid back Spaniards, even if some of them couldn't organize the proverbial piss-up.............
Old Mar 17th 2014, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Well it's quite noticeable that Catalans generally have quite a bit more between their ears than the Spanish where business is concerned at least.

No disrespect intended, as personally I prefer to live among the more laid back Spaniards, even if some of them couldn't organize the proverbial piss-up.............
Your right about that, I remember when I went to the F1 in Valencia and it was 41° on the coast and we was on the track for a pit walk and people locked in for 2 hours and you could not buy or get any water or shade, the paramedics were pleading with the officals to open the gates for people to come and go as they please but they would not do it, You have to bear in mind a lot of people there were tourists, but even the locals were jostling with the officials. 2 hours on probably the hottest tarmac in Europe that day !

The barriers in the end were forced down and the police had to come and sort it out, they really do not have sweet fa behind there ears.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 3:49 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
Your right about that, I remember when I went to the F1 in Valencia and it was 41° on the coast and we was on the track for a pit walk and people locked in for 2 hours and you could not buy or get any water or shade, the paramedics were pleading with the officals to open the gates for people to come and go as they please but they would not do it, You have to bear in mind a lot of people there were tourists, but even the locals were jostling with the officials. 2 hours on probably the hottest tarmac in Europe that day !

The barriers in the end were forced down and the police had to come and sort it out, they really do not have sweet fa behind there ears.
You do know there are many links between Catalunya and Valencia, particularly the language?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:21 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

You do know there are many links between Catalunya and Valencia, particularly the language?
There are indeed, though in my own lengthy experience here the most commonly spoken language is Spanish, which I do not believe to be the case in most of Catalunya.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Simon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud ofSimon_100 has much to be proud of

Hmm,

Well there are many differences, both positive and negative. Sadly there are so many lies and racial stereotypes being bandied around these days it's a bit of a nightmare trying to make sense of it all.

Mind you, bickering among themselves rather than keeping an eye on the prize seems common to both countries! Here the much much bigger Barcelona word Project, to be located right next door to Port Aventura, is in jeopardy because of exactly this - with Madrid having just lost EuroVegas for exactly the same reason you'd think the eternal rivalry might knock some sense into politicians' heads . . .

http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2014/03/...56_368516.html

Regs

Simon

PS -
Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
There are indeed, though in my own lengthy experience here the most commonly spoken language is Spanish, which I do not believe to be the case in most of Catalunya.
indeed, although half of the population have roots in the south of Spain Catalan is the majority language here and is likely to stay that way despite the concerted efforts emanating from Madrid on the subject!