Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Another Gestor question

Another Gestor question

Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:27 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Another Gestor question

Are there Gestor shops like solicitors or are Gestors word of mouth people who are recommended by people have used them. Do they do simple things like go to a garage with you to buy a second hand car?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 4:14 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another Gestor question

They will do whatever you are prepared to pay them to do (within reason )!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:22 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Are there Gestor shops like solicitors or are Gestors word of mouth people who are recommended by people have used them. Do they do simple things like go to a garage with you to buy a second hand car?
No, you can´t buy gestors in shops.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:11 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Another Gestor question

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Lol ! If I could I would, but I can't, so I wont!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:06 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Okay thats not quite what I was meaning I guess I was asking where do you get a gestor. Do they advertise in newspapers or something ie gestor for hire or something! I am serious here I have no idea how to get a gestor honestly
Old Mar 14th 2007, 12:44 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Okay thats not quite what I was meaning I guess I was asking where do you get a gestor. Do they advertise in newspapers or something ie gestor for hire or something! I am serious here I have no idea how to get a gestor honestly
They ususally have offices (not shops!). They will advertise in Yellow Pages, places like that.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

GEEGEEGIRL is on a distinguished road

Honest Gestors are not easy to find and you may find that Lawyers that advertise and say they can help you with day to day affairs often charge the earth for doing it. May I suggest that you ask a local neighbour to help you and maybe reward them instead. I am quite lucky as I speak a bit of spanish and have done most things myself but it wasn't easy and although I asked the same question on this site response was not that helpful.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 8:24 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another Gestor question

Originally Posted by GEEGEEGIRL
Honest Gestors are not easy to find and you may find that Lawyers that advertise and say they can help you with day to day affairs often charge the earth for doing it. May I suggest that you ask a local neighbour to help you and maybe reward them instead. I am quite lucky as I speak a bit of spanish and have done most things myself but it wasn't easy and although I asked the same question on this site response was not that helpful.
Hi all!
Fair comment Geegeegirl. It is just a thought, but is there perhaps an association of gestors? do they have to register for example? Do they have to register at the ayuntamiento? I'm sure someone out there must know the answer. Good luck!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GEEGEEGIRL
Absolutely Not,

There is a thread on this forum reference Gestor's,
They are a regulated body, which is pretty much like a law society, they exist as an interface between you and the bureacracy that is prevalent in Spain, I have never heard of a dishonest Gestoria, but it is pretty much again about doing research and ensuring that they come with good references from happy clients( ahaaaaaaaa like one would do with everything else in life??!!)they came into being because Spain was pretty much an illiterate county until recent times, and they were then a necessary evil.(so to speak)
Treat them as you would a legal clerk in a solicitor's office, they are cheaper ,faster and in my view more efficient than using a lawyer. however they are not a substitute for a lawyer, beware of what and why u use them.

As nice as spanish neighbours are(appear to be), they invariably have more inside knowledge of the goings on in the locality and will be using that to personal advantage, ( read thread on the Alcalde!!).

My view, dont use spanish neighbours or in fact any other non professional, find a Gestoria to deal with your paper issues, IE residencia(no longer required, licences permits, telephone etc etc,), if it comes to house buying and anthing over a couple of K€, get a good lawyer ( is that an oxymoron ,,, good lawyer, especially inspain)

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=gestor