Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:27 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Angels, Crystals and Auras, oh my!

Originally Posted by bil
I'm very well thanks. How's things with you? Got your message from Sam G at the meet up. If you are ever down this way, do please let me know, as it would be good to meet up
Will do mate, lots on at the moment and life is chaotic to say the least but the OH deserves a break away fairly soon so you never know.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 9:35 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Will do mate, lots on at the moment and life is chaotic to say the least but the OH deserves a break away fairly soon so you never know.
That'd be nice. Make sure you let me know when.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:50 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

The dowsing test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAas...layer_embedded

In case anybody didn't see it. It appears that they agreed to the test conditions and then changed their minds after they had failed.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:32 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
The dowsing test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAas...layer_embedded

In case anybody didn't see it. It appears that they agreed to the test conditions and then changed their minds after they had failed.
Yeah. A not uncommon event.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cricketman
Currently people with lower education and unskilled jobs have a lot more children than those who are educated and with high skilled jobs (who dont have the time to have children, especially when they are young enough to be fertile)So you could argue that we will evolve to become less educated and perhaps more stupid But that supposes that intelligence is more a product of our genes rather than the enviroment!
In any case, the trend shows that the ignorant are having more children and passing on their genes more often than the educated.
The problem with the above is the assumption by CMan and others in that the great unwashed are banging each other without taking account of the following.

1. It is an undisputed fact that around 30% of all children borm within a marriage/partnership are not the offspring of their father.

2. During the past 10 or more years a huge increase in poking a pig and generally having unprotected sex with strangers.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 12:39 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by whitelinen
The problem with the above is the assumption by CMan and others in that the great unwashed are banging each other without taking account of the following.

1. It is an undisputed fact that around 30% of all children borm within a marriage/partnership are not the offspring of their father.

2. During the past 10 or more years a huge increase in poking a pig and generally having unprotected sex with strangers.
Actually, that figure is nothing new. Humans have much the same breeding strategies as animals, and one winner for a female is to breed with other males to try and increase the survival of her genes thru maximising the genetic variability of her offspring.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been following this thread.

There are ghosts and spirits and lots of unscientific unexplained things.

Your own self will tell you whether they are real or not.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 8:38 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Ive been following this thread.

There are ghosts and spirits and lots of unscientific unexplained things.

Your own self will tell you whether they are real or not.
Oh please. Either something is real or it is not. If it is real, then it can be measured and explained.

Science is simply about asking questions. Where is it? How tall, how heavy and what does it smell of?

Your own self is one of the worst things you can use.

Why is it that people like you will accept stuff like this without applying even the slightest trace of critical reasoning?

Has it ocurred to you that if you can demonstrate that a ghost is real, and that you could demonstrate that to people, our whole world view would have to change, and you could make a FORTUNE out of it?
Old Sep 12th 2010, 10:25 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Oh please. Either something is real or it is not. If it is real, then it can be measured and explained.

Science is simply about asking questions. Where is it? How tall, how heavy and what does it smell of?

Why is it that people like you will accept stuff like this without applying even the slightest trace of critical reasoning?

Has it ocurred to you that if you can demonstrate that a ghost is real, and that you could demonstrate that to people, our whole world view would have to change, and you could make a FORTUNE out of it?
Probably because most people have been brought up and indoctrinated that way - if you were brought up in the UK you were probably told to believe in the all-powerful God and his son who could do magical tricks, if it were India it was Shiva, Thailand it was Buddha, if it were thousands of years ago in Greece it was Zeus and his lighting bolts and so on.

People have been conditioned since they were children to believe in one magical story or the other, its not surprising that they still grasp for the mental crutch of some unknown magic when the come across things that they don't understand. Each time that science does find a way to explain a certain phenomenon some can make the leap but many stay with what they have been indoctrinated with and try to find a new twist (intelligent design) to fit their previous belief system.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Sorry Bil for not being as scientific and knowledgeable as you.

Its my opinion but of course opinions arent allowed on the forum are they.

I wont be posting about this subject anymore as you are always so right.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 6:59 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

We are all entitled to our own opinions but not to our own facts.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 9:02 am
bil
Banned

Look. An object cannot be unscientific. The NOUN is Science which is the measuring of things. Scientific is the adverb. You can have a scientific investigation.

You are perfectly entitled to have an opinion, but what you are not entitled to do is behave like a precious little princess and demand that your opinion is sacred. It isn't.

Feel free to mince off in a sulk. It's what losers do.
Old Sep 13th 2010, 10:12 am
bil
Banned

A serious question.

Why do all these people hate and distrust science so much?
Old Sep 13th 2010, 11:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
A serious question.

Why do all these people hate and distrust science so much?
Because its all so serious!
Old Sep 13th 2010, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen

2. During the past 10 or more years a huge increase in poking a pig and generally having unprotected sex with strangers
Where did you get this from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.