Amazon

Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazon

Silly question I know but now we are in Spain do I still order off the UK site and have it posted out here? Do the items arrive OK or do they wander around the ether never to arrive???!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon

I have known people to order from them and have deliveries here ok. We have bought off them but had item delivered to UK address as someone was coming over and bought parcel with them. Have bought off e bay and delivery here was no problem.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:25 am
Just Joined

georgia42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to confirm yes order from them often, and ebay, and play.com all ok here in Denia
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
Silly question I know but now we are in Spain do I still order off the UK site and have it posted out here? Do the items arrive OK or do they wander around the ether never to arrive???!!
I order from amazon all the time and have never had a problem with delivery over here - just change the address when you place the order

some market place items can not be sent to Spain though - I think its the seller who chooses that option as to whether they will or wont post stuff overseas
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - we wil go ahead and order. Running out of books to read!!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 12:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We've ordered plenty, and never had a problem.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:20 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all - we wil go ahead and order. Running out of books to read!!!
Hey Sue,

There is a great English book shop in Calpe. On the Miro (high) street. Why not pay them a visit first

Martha
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:56 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

I order from UK Amazon and have only had one package go missing, the customer service were great they just re-issued the book and cd although I did have it sent to UK address the 2nd time but that was only because family were due out. Last book I ordered I received it 4 days after I ordered it....

This is a good place to order books in English, they are based in Germany so postage was cheaper and paid in Euros. WWW/english-book-service.com

Last edited by crispy; Apr 18th 2007 at 2:01 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all your help everyone. Martha do you know the name of the street in Calpe and I will try and find it on the map?
Old Apr 18th 2007, 2:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your help everyone. Martha do you know the name of the street in Calpe and I will try and find it on the map?
I cant believe it was for BOOKS !
I thought you was gonna order a new laptop for me. ;-)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:37 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Sue,

It's the Gabriel Miro Street. It is the main Calpe street with all the shops running from the Old Town (on top) all the way down to the beach front. Can't miss it.

The name of the book store is: BookWorld Espana Calpe

The shop assistants are English and it's got loads of books and if they don't have what you're after, you can order it from them.

Description:
Suppliers of new books, greeting cards, games and gift wrapping. At Centro Comercial Perlamar Calpe.
Contact Details:
Tel: 965 831 751
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Originally Posted by MnM
Sue,

It's the Gabriel Miro Street. It is the main Calpe street with all the shops running from the Old Town (on top) all the way down to the beach front. Can't miss it.

The shop assistants are English and it's got loads of books and if they don't have what you're after, you can order it from them.

Description:
Suppliers of new books, greeting cards, games and gift wrapping. At Centro Comercial Perlamar Calpe.
Contact Details:
BookWorld España are also in the original office/shop in San Pedro de Alcantara, Puerto Banus opposite El Corte Ingles & in Fuengirola and maybe other places
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:08 pm
MnM

Also, at the News Cafe (one floor up from the Mas Y Mas supermarket) Plaza Central in Calpe, they do a book exchange. If you bring in a book to exchange it is €1.50 and if you don't, then it's €3.00.

They don't have a massive selection, but once in a while I find a good read there
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:14 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
Sue,

Description:
Contact Details:
I gotta tell you though, they seemed quite pricey, but then again we buy either off ebay or at the local markets around here
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:34 pm
MnM

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I gotta tell you though, they seemed quite pricey, but then again we buy either off ebay or at the local markets around here
Yes, that is true!

The prices are a bit high, but we have found that when we buy off the web, the postage costs are incredibly high, especially for books.

We also buy from the markets from time to time and also exchange with friends very regularly.

Now that you reminded me......Sue, on Wednesdays there is a Rastro type market in Calpe that also does second hand books. It is near the Mas Y Mas supermarket - Plaza Central.

Thanks Mitzyboy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.