British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Am I right in thinking E106 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/am-i-right-thinking-e106-525827/)

bil Mar 31st 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Am I right in thinking E106

Thanks Tim.

Mitzyboy Mar 31st 2008 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 6138302)
Mitz, what was the firm you suggested for health insurance? Only I was quoted more than you said, and for 1 person, not a couple!!!

Do they cover all Spain btw??

Yes it is Sanitas. It is part of BUPA, but cheaper. Dont go on the Brit site as you will get ripped off big time

http://www.sanitas.es/websanitas/ing/index.html

grooster Mar 31st 2008 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 6139452)
Yes it is Sanitas. It is part of BUPA, but cheaper. Dont go on the Brit site as you will get ripped off big time

u been to nerja mitzy?

Same Difference Mar 31st 2008 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by grooster (Post 6139485)
u been to nerja mitzy?

Come on, tell us who you were before you resurrected yourself? ;)

Mitzyboy Mar 31st 2008 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by grooster (Post 6139485)
u been to nerja mitzy?

Naaaaaahhhhhhhh

Sam Greenfield Mar 31st 2008 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 6139498)

My sides are aching SD from the other thread he started :o

anabella Mar 31st 2008 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Same Difference (Post 6139498)

He's that dude that writes his own (funny as hell) text language with no punctuation whatsoever I reckon..

Same Difference Apr 1st 2008 6:37 am

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 6139706)
He's that dude that writes his own (funny as hell) text language with no punctuation whatsoever I reckon..

Yeah, he was very funny.........lets hope he stays around this time ;)

derek and margaret Apr 1st 2008 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 6139452)

Thanks to everyone for the advice and welcomes. When I enquired about my state pension they told me I had paid enough contributions to qualify for full pension so I presume it will be same with E106, but we shall probably back it up with a private health care if we can afford it, thanks again,

Derek

EsuriJohn Apr 1st 2008 8:02 am

Originally Posted by derek and margaret (Post 6140812)
Thanks to everyone for the advice and welcomes. When I enquired about my state pension they told me I had paid enough contributions to qualify for full pension so I presume it will be same with E106, but we shall probably back it up with a private health care if we can afford it, thanks again,

Derek

One or two points here from experience. If your contribution record includes any projected credited contributions between 60 and 65 be careful since these are only given if you are resident in UK. Your E106 should be safe anyway since it relies on the immediate preceding contribution record for 2 or 3 years. If thats OK and the lady of the house has reached 60 then she can get an E121 which will cover you both in Spain in perpetuity.

poshnbucks Apr 1st 2008 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 6140997)
One or two points here from experience. If your contribution record includes any projected credited contributions between 60 and 65 be careful since these are only given if you are resident in UK. Your E106 should be safe anyway since it relies on the immediate preceding contribution record for 2 or 3 years. If thats OK and the lady of the house has reached 60 then she can get an E121 which will cover you both in Spain in perpetuity.

The law with regards credits has changed :thumbsup: you had to have 44 years contributions to obtain a full old age pension however you now only require 30 years this was to allow mums who had given up work to support her family at home is being credited with doing so and now for once being PC has given men as well as women a full pension after 30 years contributions. I am 57 and have been in spain 3 years so the above was correct you would not get the 60/65 year credits if outside the UK. I was paying 188 euros per two months to Sanitas for Private health care but now with the new ruling I will trouser that cash and go on my wifes E121 as she is in the spanish system and is over 60 :rofl:

Mitzyboy Apr 1st 2008 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6142667)
The law with regards credits has changed :thumbsup: you had to have 44 years contributions to obtain a full old age pension however you now only require 30 years this was to allow mums who had given up work to support her family at home is being credited with doing so and now for once being PC has given men as well as women a full pension after 30 years contributions. I am 57 and have been in spain 3 years so the above was correct you would not get the 60/65 year credits if outside the UK. I was paying 188 euros per two months to Sanitas for Private health care but now with the new ruling I will trouser that cash and go on my wifes E121 as she is in the spanish system and is over 60 :rofl:

Like the screen name :D

jdr Apr 1st 2008 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by poshnbucks (Post 6142667)

This applies if you retire after 2010, you still need 44 if you retire before.
They always change the goalposts when I reach them. doh
People should have plenty by the time they are 60 anyway.