British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Am I right in thinking E106 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/am-i-right-thinking-e106-525827/)

derek and margaret Mar 31st 2008 5:41 pm

Am I right in thinking E106

We are moving to Spain in 4 weeks I have been thro` free beer still confused, we are not going to be working, but are not of pensionable age, am I right in thinking the form E106 covers us for medical cover for 2 years? Would welcome any info. Staying in Ayamonte area,

valenciatim Mar 31st 2008 5:44 pm

Re: Am I right in thinking E106

Originally Posted by derek and margaret (Post 6137834)
We are moving to Spain in 4 weeks I have been thro` free beer still confused, we are not going to be working, but are not of pensionable age, am I right in thinking the form E106 covers us for medical cover for 2 years? Would welcome any info. Staying in Ayamonte area,

It covers you for up to 30 months, but is dependent on your ni contributions over the last 2 years or so.
Tim

derek and margaret Mar 31st 2008 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by valenciatim (Post 6137852)
It covers you for up to 30 months, but is dependent on your ni contributions over the last 2 years or so.
Tim

Cheers Tim, that`s great, all my stamps are paid up, so should be ok.

anabella Mar 31st 2008 5:57 pm

Good luck in Spain!:)

marisol Mar 31st 2008 6:05 pm

Welcome to Spain :thumbsup:

bil Mar 31st 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah, good luck.

What's with 30 months? I too thought it was three years. I assume you don't need health insurance untill after that point, or am I wrong?

valenciatim Mar 31st 2008 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 6137979)
Yeah, good luck.

What's with 30 months? I too thought it was three years. I assume you don't need health insurance untill after that point, or am I wrong?

I wasn't even aware of the e106 until after we had arrived (no research !), but clearly remember it being for "Up to 30 months", will check though. Made no difference to us though as by the time it arrived, it had run out(!). They only gave me 6 months on mine, by which time we had used our E111 (as they were then, now the EHIC) to register at the doctors and subsequently have a baby on the Spanish health service!
Regards
Tim

SueG Mar 31st 2008 6:17 pm

We only got two years on ours - all our stamps were paid up to date etc

Mitzyboy Mar 31st 2008 6:23 pm

I was told when we applied that the maximum was 2 years, and as previously stated its dependent on past payment

No, you dont really need private health until that runs out, but private health is a lot cheaper over here than the UK

valenciatim Mar 31st 2008 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 6138070)
I was told when we applied that the maximum was 2 years, and as previously stated its dependent on past payment

No, you dont really need private health until that runs out, but private health is a lot cheaper over here than the UK

Ok, I have just looked at theDWP site, typically, it's as clear as mud! I will try and find the original forms, as I could swear blind it was 30 months as I thought it was an odd time frame, but don't hold your breath!
As you say Mitzy, private cover is cheap enough under normal circumstances, and you will always get seen on the state system in an emergency.
Tim

bil Mar 31st 2008 7:08 pm

Mitz, what was the firm you suggested for health insurance? Only I was quoted more than you said, and for 1 person, not a couple!!!

Do they cover all Spain btw??

DebsyW Mar 31st 2008 8:33 pm

What does btw stand for? I`ve worked out most of the other abbreviations that people use but I`m clueless with this (along with everything else!) :(:confused:

Rosemary Mar 31st 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by DebsyW (Post 6138789)
What does btw stand for? I`ve worked out most of the other abbreviations that people use but I`m clueless with this (along with everything else!) :(:confused:

By the way....one of the few that I know

Rosemary

valenciatim Mar 31st 2008 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 6138302)
Mitz, what was the firm you suggested for health insurance? Only I was quoted more than you said, and for 1 person, not a couple!!!

Do they cover all Spain btw??

Think Mitzy was talking about Sanitas. They are I believe part of the BUPA group.
Tim

DebsyW Mar 31st 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities (Post 6138801)
By the way....one of the few that I know

Rosemary

Thanks Rosemary... I wouldn`t have slept tonight. :)