Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one who doesn't have Sky+?

Am I the only one who doesn't have Sky+?

Old Dec 21st 2011, 12:22 am
Banned

porcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant future
Default Am I the only one who doesn't have Sky+?

You come all the way to Spain but you can't leave your precious British TV as if they show anything decent on there

I can't be the only one? Who here watches Spanish TV? I'm thinking of getting Canal+ but I've heard their customer service is terrible?

Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:36 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I the only one who doesn't have Sky+?

Originally Posted by porcelainwhite
You come all the way to Spain but you can't leave your precious British TV as if they show anything decent on there

I can't be the only one? Who here watches Spanish TV? I'm thinking of getting Canal+ but I've heard their customer service is terrible?

I watch Spanish tele - not that I watch much tele

we did have english tele for a while via a cable service, but that was already installed in the apartment we were renting & my dad was living with us, so then yes, English tele was on all the time

we've moved & we could have the cable service here too if we wanted, but have decided not to bother - we can always download anything we really miss (not a lot)

now with TDT my OH who doesn't speak spanish can watch all his CSI type things in english if he wants - but when he's away as often as not we don't bother switching the language - & I get to watch Pasapalabra
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, here we go.

It might save time later to move this to the bullring now,,,,,,,
Old Dec 21st 2011, 5:02 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rachelk
Oh dear, here we go.

It might save time later to move this to the bullring now,,,,,,,

I'm not going there!!!

when we first came here we made a conscious decision to NOT get english tele - so that our kids would be exposed to as much spanish language as possible

then for years we either couldn't afford a dish or weren't in a property where it was possible to have a dish to get sky - then when we were we couldn't see the need any more

that said, I can completely understand why people want the comforts of 'home' - including Corrie etc. - but I never watched them in the UK anyway

Last edited by lynnxa; Dec 21st 2011 at 6:19 am.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:42 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa

I'm not going there!!!

when we first came here we made a conscious decision to NOT get english tele - so that our kids would be exposed to as much spanish language as possible

then for years we either couldn't afford a dish or weren't in a property where it was possible to have a dish to get sky - then when we were we couldn't see the need any more

that said, I can completely understand why people want the comforts of 'home' - including Corrie etc. - but I never watched them in the UK anyway
We have to be sensible about these things, whatever system you have for British TV you can still watch Spanish as well by the press of a button,

My wife loves the soaps, and if she cant watch them live, she will watch the repeats.

If you have enjoyed something in the UK, why not "export it" so to speak, life is made up of little pleasures and if watching something you have grown up with gives you pleasure, why not?

As for TV being important if you want to learn the language, Iagree, Spanish is the way, but that is where the remote control is usefull.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:53 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by JLFS
We have to be sensible about these things, whatever system you have for British TV you can still watch Spanish as well by the press of a button,

My wife loves the soaps, and if she cant watch them live, she will watch the repeats.

If you have enjoyed something in the UK, why not "export it" so to speak, life is made up of little pleasures and if watching something you have grown up with gives you pleasure, why not?

As for TV being important if you want to learn the language, Iagree, Spanish is the way, but that is where the remote control is usefull.
some of my students tell me they have no access to Spanish TV at all - sometimes you'd hardly think we live in Spain - they say they never get the chance to speak spanish or hear it - so I say 'watch spanish tele then!'

some of them have a dish but no aerial.............I'm not techy enough to know if that really does mean they can't get spanish tele, or if they just need to set it up properly
Old Dec 21st 2011, 6:58 am

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

If you think UK TV is poor, watch Spanish Tv, it seems to be all Springer type shows, shouting and balling at each other. The News is OK.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:24 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
If you think UK TV is poor, watch Spanish Tv, it seems to be all Springer type shows, shouting and balling at each other. The News is OK.
there are some good series & documentary series though

and the presenter of ¡Allá tú! is much better looking than Noel Edmonds
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:53 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
whatever system you have for British TV you can still watch Spanish as well by the press of a button,
How?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:59 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jimenato
How?
it's not just me then

we could when we had the cable service - but there was also a community aerial for spanish tele

as I asked before - is that possible if you only have a dish?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I do have Spanish TV (in a separate room on a separate TV) as well as English free to air channels via a satellite dish, but I only watch the news on it, and occasionally a discussion type programme. Not interested in the telenovelas (don't watch British soaps, either) or the game shows, thanks.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 8:55 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
How?
We have an option on the remote,and can elect which system from the control. The choice at the top takes us to British, and next one down to Spanishh.

It is not sky+ though.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

We have Humax box for UK, wouldnt go back to Sky, but watch Spansh througha common or garden ariel, rather like some of the programmes and yes I do watch the game shows as good for the language, as is the news of course, oh and the weather lol
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:23 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I used to think Sky was full of drivel until I watched Spanish TV and it gives the word drivel a new meaning. I like to watch spanish news though, interesting to see how different countries cover (or not cover) a story.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by anonimouse
If you think Spanish TV is poor, watch Italian it is stupid game shows and repeats of Arnold, Jeffersons & Cosby Show.

Ok back to the Italian forum where I belong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.