Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Am havin' a rant !

Am havin' a rant !

Old Mar 13th 2012, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Am havin' a rant !

why do companies bother with e mail addresses, on site contact forms then just ignore them ?

What is wrong with people who have a business but do not appear to want any

I have contacted recently 8 to 10 companies about 2 completely different things and 3/4 have not even replied.

One replied re shipping to Spain that I would be better to ask a friend to take delivery then ask them to forward ..... ashes scatter tubes are NOT the kind of thing most people would want to deal with especially if not for their relatives ashes

Head wall bang bang

Oh and another thing anyone had to deal with airlines re carrying ashes ? still waiting on details 3 weeks after asking. Refusal to put details in e mail so I can print and carry with me arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:14 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am havin' a rant !

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
why do companies bother with e mail addresses, on site contact forms then just ignore them ?

I have contacted recently 8 to 10 companies about 2 completely different things and 3/4 have not even replied.

One replied re shipping to Spain that I would be better to ask a friend to take delivery then ask them to forward ..... ashes scatter tubes are NOT the kind of thing most people would want to deal with especially if not for their relatives ashes

Head wall bang bang

Oh and another thing anyone had to deal with airlines re carrying ashes ? still waiting on details 3 weeks after asking. Refusal to put details in e mail so I can print and carry with me arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh
How awful for you, bad enough having to think and deal with this without not gaining answers when you ask a question.

I think that this has been discussed before and some people said about concealing the ashes in your case and not saying anything about it. I totally understand that you will want things to be above board and legal so I suspect that this is not an option for you. I cannot remember whether there was a reply on this but it may be worth you searching this forum.

Good luck with your endeavours.

Rosemary
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rosemary, I do remember reading that thread. I cannot see the need to conceal them. There is no problem if you have the correct paperwork and container for the airlines that allow carriage. I have both BUT want to make sure there is nothing missing from my list nor any unthought of issues that might be involved.
I could not deal with any misunderstandings at the airports involved.

Ryanair ( who I am not travelling with, no direct options) have at least some useful info on their website, I am flying Jet2.com direct hoping to eliminate complications.

PS I am now waiting on another phone call from them.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Head wall bang bang

I agree. It is still amazing how many companies are doing well despite the fact that they do not respond to emails sent their way. In the end you say " I want to give you my monet; can you please respond?" And still they don't!!
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glad it is not just me. The business the lose via e mail can't bother them.

I am going to phone one of them as I may be able to get a good friend to collect some items. They will, I know, deny any e mails as so many of them do.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 12:56 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Head wall bang bang

I carried my husband's ashes home to Spain 3 weeks ago - because he died in the UK the funeral directors did an 'out of England' certificate, which wasn't anything more than a letter stating what was in the container, dates etc.

I had to carry them in my hand luggage & make sure I showed the letter to the security people before the bag went through the scanner.

that was it - simple

it didn't even occur to me that it might be complicated - we were on a plane less than 24 hours after picking his ashes up from the funeral director
Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Lynnza, I was sad to read of you recent loss and feel for you and the family. It has been some time since my husband died, I am hoping that the papers I have been told I need are all I will need.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 2:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynnza, I was sad to read of you recent loss and feel for you and the family. It has been some time since my husband died, I am hoping that the papers I have been told I need are all I will need.
thanks xx - it's early days yet, but one day at a time as they say....

you should be OK as long as you have papers from the funeral directors explaining exactly what you are carrying

what happened on the plane would have made my husband laugh...

the 'cabin manager' (where do they get those titles from?) offered to put my bag in the overhead locker - my 16 year old piped up ''I don't think you really want to do that - my dad's in there!!''

the guy clearly had no clue what she meant, so she explained, very specifically........

poor guy nearly dropped the bag & gave me permission to keep it under the seat
Old Mar 13th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thank goodness for Nicole from Jet2.com wonderful lady I think I have all I need.

Now if the others would reply to my e mails life could be a bit better.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:17 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Head wall bang bang

It makes me shudder when I end up foning (good old skype) and asking them if they could answer me email - the usual excuse is "Oh I never got that" exactly the same as in "the good old days" we used to say we never received a letter.

some companies have emails and online responses go to a "group" email box and several people are supposed to "dip in" but my experience is they only take from the top - when they have time.

Over 8 months ago I foned a company about their storing my house contents when I moved out from the UK, I then confirmed the conversation as agreed by email.
Now I have been in Spain for 4 months, all sorted, and drive past the huge facility of said company at least once a week.

will they eventually respond ? I doubt it very much.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really niceJenny22 is just really nice

I used to work for a train company answering their complaints (a very busy job ), We had a specific order of work. Phone calls first, then letters and then emails if we had the time. I would say that many companies have the same order of priority.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

That may well explain why the majority are also way out of date and useless to user.

I recently found an item I wanted on a website, telephoned to make sure they had it as I would have ordered more than one, to be told' oohhhh it is years since we had that !'

I explained it was listed as 'new item' on the website she was lost for words.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:09 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

That may well explain why the majority are also way out of date and useless to user.

I recently found an item I wanted on a website, telephoned to make sure they had it as I would have ordered more than one, to be told' oohhhh it is years since we had that !'

I explained it was listed as 'new item' on the website she was lost for words.
we have a lot of little pokey dusty shops in Spain where the owners sit outside and pass the time of day with people but no one buys anything, don't they realise that is exactly the image they are showing to the world.?

you would think that having gone to the initial expense of setting up a website they would keep it up to date.
I found a site that had 2008 references on it - and they were supposedly in Barcelona selling Jamon to a worldwide market. No wonder prices were so low.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Thank goodness for Nicole from Jet2.com wonderful lady I think I have all I need.

Now if the others would reply to my e mails life could be a bit better.
Hi.
Admittedly some cmpanies are just ignorant but I have to say that I have now to trawl througgh the spam box for my genuine emails even orders because even my form on my website gets thoroughly 'spammed' and I'm just a very little one woman business. Bigger businesses presumably are suffering the same problem.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the ones that say " we would love to hear from you and value your time and effort to contact us", only when you have done so they say, " due to the large number of mails we receive we may not be able to reply " ,which probably means we ain't got enough staff and your business is not really that important to us, or am I just getting cynical now I am out of puberty! ( can I say puberty on here?).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.