Reload this Page >

Almunecar Advice please

Almunecar Advice please

Old Jun 29th 2013, 1:44 am
Just Joined

tomaslosbol is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Almunecar Advice please

Hi
We are new to this site but we've noticed that it's very helpful for advice.

My wife and I are both retired and will be spending 3 to 5 months in Almunecar from next year. We would prefer the period beginning September to the beginning or mid-December each year.

Can anyone let me know first, if there is an expat community in Almunecar and are there activities that we can participate in?

Secondly, how feasible would it be to rent a 2 bed apartment during the period mentioned and what areas would be most suitable?

We visited Almunecar briefly some years ago and we will be in Almunecar in October this year so hopefully we will be able to follow up on any helpful suggestions.

Many thanks for any advice received.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 5:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Almunecar Advice please

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 29th 2013, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have lived in Almunecar for a number of years and it is a very pleasant town to live in with a nice mix of different nationalities, There is a good expat community with plenty of different activities you can join in if you wanted to including skiing during the winter months as the ski resort is only about an 90 minute drive from here, lots of Scandinavians live here also who all speak English. Lots of things to do and lots of interesting places to visit as we are about halfway in between Malaga and Granada. We are also one of the few Spanish towns that have an English library in La Herradura which is part of the Spanish lending library and has been in the town for over twenty years.
I shouldn't think that you will have any difficulty renting an apartment. The best areas in Almunecar are Cotobro, Los Pinos and Punta de la Mona. Even so there are also lots of other very nice developments.
Plenty of nice restaurants in Almunecar and La Herradura from Fine dining to beach restaurants.
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Hello Rosemary

Thanks for the kind words, we have been occasional readers of the website for two or three years and couldn't help but notice how helpful the members are.

Thanks again
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Hello Manclass

Thanks for the information, it's very useful and reassuring. We liked Almunecar when we first visited some years ago. I do read a lot, so the English library will be handy and the restaurants also have great appeal.

Incidentally, we are staying in an apartment overlooking the San Cristobal beach in October, so we will be able to explore more fully. Hopefully we will also get an idea of rental prices and so on.

Thanks again

Tomas