Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!

ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!

Old Jun 24th 2007, 6:10 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!

Yes, I know San Juan is the big fiesta week in Javea........and I know the fireworks are important........

but do they have to let them off ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT for a week..........and does the entertainment have to be so loud ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT........so that we can hear it several km away.........and when everyone has finally gone to bed at 5am............do they really have to START THE FIREWORKS AGAIN AT 8am!!??

they are banging away again as I type............somehow this week we've all learned to sleep through it......how do people manage to join in ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT??
Old Jun 24th 2007, 7:03 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT!!

the fireworks have just stopped.....just bangs - no pretty ones..........

OMG no they haven't!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:36 am
Drunken Monkey

Fuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzlepop has a reputation beyond repute

Nice your turn none gone of in Jesus Pobre for a few days now!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:52 am
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnxa
the fireworks have just stopped.....just bangs - no pretty ones..........

OMG no they haven't!!

Just think of it as one more thing that will annoy your niggly neighbour.
Luv Eve
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:00 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Eve

Just think of it as one more thing that will annoy your niggly neighbour.
Luv Eve
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I don't believe it

they're off again!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I don't believe it

they're off again!!
..Steady girl...deep breath..Annnnd..relaaaaax...
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
..Steady girl...deep breath..Annnnd..relaaaaax...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:26 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Groan! It´s another one of those misleading threads where the title makes you think you´re about to read something really juicy and then on further investigation it´s just a damp squib.

So, does anyone do it all night, every night?
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:35 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Yup! And Mrs Flan's getting more and more annoyed. So much so, she's moved in the spare bedroom

We are talking about
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:23 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Groan! It´s another one of those misleading threads where the title makes you think you´re about to read something really juicy and then on further investigation it´s just a damp squib.

Trust you to lower the tone!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:31 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam parky
Trust you to lower the tone!!
Sorry Pam, but I'm with him. I thought it was something good. I've heard about this but never really thought it existed so I thought this thread might provide the evidence.

But, alas, no. Just a thread about an immigrant wanting to change centuries old traditions of the place they chose to inhabit (there should really be a tongue-in-cheek smiley on here )
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Sorry Pam, but I'm with him. I thought it was something good. I've heard about this but never really thought it existed so I thought this thread might provide the evidence.

But, alas, no. Just a thread about an immigrant wanting to change centuries old traditions of the place they chose to inhabit (there should really be a tongue-in-cheek smiley on here )
We love to hear the bangers going off. It lets people know that there has been a wedding, christening or confirmation and sometimes they have them after a funeral.

In our town when it is Easter week and our towns saints week they set them off all around the streets at 8 a.m. every morning to wake you all up so that you do not miss any of the festivities.

We understand that the Spanish believe that any noise shows life and that is why the Spanish people love bangers, music, talking etc and would very rarely tell people to be quiet.

Obviously we prefer the pretty fireworks but have found that the bangers have more significance and go with every transition in life and therefore signifies life itself.

Viva España.

Rosemary
Old Jun 24th 2007, 8:18 pm
Fed up in England!!

silverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to beholdsilverchick is a splendid one to behold

You are so funny lynnxa, i was really ready to be impressed when i read thread title!! You can come and stay with us in that there mountain when its fiesta time, (obviously festivals after October!!) won't be able to hear bangs from there, unless you count the popping of corks that is!!
Old Jun 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by keithwalters

gotcha!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.