All Inclusive

Old Aug 13th 2010, 11:55 pm
Banned

cheapflightsgatwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default All Inclusive

IS all Inclusive holidays costing jobs. Now call me silly but I think the idea of All inclusive is a great idea and allows holiday makers to be able to afford a good family holiday without worrying about spending lots of money, but according to some friends of mine as well as some reports I have read, all inclusive holidays are costing jobs.

According to friends of mine who live in Benidorm, they are claiming that with more and more hotels now offering All inclusive, this is now costing jobs in the entertainment industry as well as in the restaurant industry.

A friend of mine has said that people are now staying in their hotels drinking cheap bear instead of leaving the hotel to visit local pubs and clubs and hence costing jobs due to pubs and clubs not needing as many staff with some even closing down.

I can see their point that people may wish to stay in the hotel more often but even though All inclusive allows you to save money it would be a very boring holiday if you stayed in your hotel for a week or two weeks, so is my friend wrong and is the media wrong when they are claiming that jobs are at risk with all inclusive holidays.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: All Inclusive

all inclusive has been going for years and years. i doubt it will affect anything now.
Old Aug 14th 2010, 9:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

The Caribbean islands claim AI costs jobs locally. Have stayed in some of those places and most guests are so tight they are afraid to leave the hotel and miss out on a drink!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:00 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheapflightsgatwick
IS all Inclusive holidays costing jobs. Now call me silly but I think the idea of All inclusive is a great idea and allows holiday makers to be able to afford a good family holiday without worrying about spending lots of money, but according to some friends of mine as well as some reports I have read, all inclusive holidays are costing jobs.

According to friends of mine who live in Benidorm, they are claiming that with more and more hotels now offering All inclusive, this is now costing jobs in the entertainment industry as well as in the restaurant industry.

A friend of mine has said that people are now staying in their hotels drinking cheap bear instead of leaving the hotel to visit local pubs and clubs and hence costing jobs due to pubs and clubs not needing as many staff with some even closing down.

I can see their point that people may wish to stay in the hotel more often but even though All inclusive allows you to save money it would be a very boring holiday if you stayed in your hotel for a week or two weeks, so is my friend wrong and is the media wrong when they are claiming that jobs are at risk with all inclusive holidays.
I've heard that hotels are offering all inclusive to encourage holiday makers, but I dont know how true it is, or if its having any affect on the local traders. Having been down to Torremolinos recently, the hotels seem full, there are lots of tourists about and its really buzzing, but unusually there dont seem to be many Brits this year!?

Jo xxx