Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante Tram Service

Alicante Tram Service

Old Feb 4th 2018, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

SandraSP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alicante Tram Service

I will be renting an apartment in Alicante for several weeks later this year to research areas along the coast for permanent relocation (I live in New York City).

From what I can see online, there is a good tram service along the coast to various towns. Since I will need to rely on public transportation, is this a viable way while I'm based in Alicante to check out each coastal town along the tram service lines.

Has anyone used this transportation and if so, do you think this is a good method for checking out the coastal towns along the route.

If, however, you have a better way to go about this, I'm all ears!

Thanks, Sandra
Old Feb 4th 2018, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alicante Tram Service

The Denia to Benidorm section is closed for the forseeable future. Th rest of the line should be fine.

https://hogueras.com/horarios-tram-alicante/
Old Feb 4th 2018, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I have visited various coastal towns by this tram service. But there are a number of very nice towns inland, but I do not know how you would get to them as I have only driven
Old Feb 5th 2018, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
The Denia to Benidorm section is closed for the forseeable future. Th rest of the line should be fine.

https://hogueras.com/horarios-tram-alicante/
The section is open from Benidorm to Calpe and should be open up to Benissa early February 2018, the hole line will be open by end of 2018,
Old Feb 5th 2018, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

It is a regular, safe, clean well-organised service. Best to purchase a season ticket 'bono' but remember it only goes in a northerly direction. You will have to use buses to cover the south.

PM if you are interested in coming to any of the local bilingue meetings to meet some of the locals (of all flavours)
Old Feb 5th 2018, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

We have based ourselves in Alicante twice and have found the tram service an excellent way to get around cheaply and reliably. It is a Zoned system but the basic fare will take you all around Alicante itself (great for visiting the sights and retail areas) and out as far as El Campello which is a low key resort which we really enjoyed. As others have said you can travel further up to Benidorm. We are still looking at areas ourselves and having this Tram service nearby is fantastic as you only need to hop on a bus in Alicante city to get to the airport.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

More here

TRAM - Las LĂ­neas
Old Feb 6th 2018, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

The tram is great. Unfortunately, the closure of the line up to Denia means you will miss the best place on the entire coast, Javea.

The bus company is called Alsa and will get you to the parts the tram doesn't reach.
Old Feb 6th 2018, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Hornets_Nest will become famous soon enough

I've used Alsa a lot - you can either pre-book on the internet or get your ticket at a bus station or on the bus itself. The machines in the bus stations are quite easy to use and have an English language option:

https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home...xoCHdoQAvD_BwE