Alicante Area

Old Jan 28th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about
Default Alicante Area

Hi all, have been following threads for a couple of weeks and found this to be the most informative forum about. We are looking to move to Spain sometime the first half of this year and are have our eye on the Alicante area, around Elche / Catral as we will be putting our 15yo into the British School of Alicante for his last year. Are there any of you living around this area or nearby that can share some info like long term lets, expats around the area, schooling for our 5yo etc. It seems that work is quite hard to come by, i'm a plumber by trade and was wondering if that market is saturated and would have to look at alternative employment. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: Alicante Area

Originally Posted by cmorgy
Hi all, have been following threads for a couple of weeks and found this to be the most informative forum about. We are looking to move to Spain sometime the first half of this year and are have our eye on the Alicante area, around Elche / Catral as we will be putting our 15yo into the British School of Alicante for his last year. Are there any of you living around this area or nearby that can share some info like long term lets, expats around the area, schooling for our 5yo etc. It seems that work is quite hard to come by, i'm a plumber by trade and was wondering if that market is saturated and would have to look at alternative employment. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks
That area of Alicante, has a good smattering of Brits, in Areas such as Aspe thru to La Romana, then over other side into Urbo at St Helena and on thru to Monteforte El Cid and along Madrid motorway to Sax, cover Novelda, Elda Villena Sax etc. There are generally a lot of properties to rent, expect to pay from 350 per month for a two bed flat with a 3 bed Villa in the country with a pool anything from about 500 upwards depending on level of fitout. You will find most adverts in the local Expat shops etc. also plenty usually advertised in the Local mag for the area such as TIM Magazine(The Inland Magazine), Campo , RTN(Roundtown News), I think they all have websites so worth a look. Cant help with Schools, although I believe there is an excellent international School near Murcia city cal El Limona!.
Working as aPlumber, expect to take a minimum of 2 years to establish your name as a tradesman self employed,(probably Black money during this time ). Spanish and English plumbers here are stuffing the prices up at the mo as there is plenty of building and reforms going on, so maybe there is a good opportunity if quality and pricing is right.
Drop me a PM when you hit the ground in Spain
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

cmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura aboutcmorgy has a spectacular aura about

Solar

How spooky, have just sent a PM to you, probably whilst you were replying
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Solar for the info, you have PM