Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alicante airport long term parking

Alicante airport long term parking

Old Mar 22nd 2015, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Alicante airport long term parking

Anyone got any recommendations for annual parking at Alicante airport, have been looking at Europarking, Eco parking and Umbrella parking, prices seam similar but a few recommendations would help me make up my mind, thanks in advance
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

sunnymallorca5b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Alicante airport long term parking

Hi, we've just taken out annual contract with Plane Parking. It was recommended to us by the company that we bought our car from in Murcia. They have been exceptional in dealing with our queries & respond within minutes! We dropped our car off with them on 6th March, they were waiting outside Departures as agreed, there was lots of people using them. They only do 'meet & greet' but at 300euros for the year it's competively priced. There's no indoor parking as yet as they are newish to Alicante (they have operated mainly from Murcia) but told us they will offer that in the future. We bought a cover for the car & they will put it on whilst parked with them. They offer ITV, servicing etc too, plus insurance quotes. This is the first time we've left our car with them & due to pick it up Easter Monday, it's so easy to book too, you just fill a form out on their booking system & within say 10 mins one of the girls personally emails confirmation.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

I use Eco Parking. The arrangement is that I call them when i arrive and they're usually there waiting for me by the time I get out of the terminal. Drop off is good too, I have never waited more than a couple of minutes. All communication is quick and easy.

I am happy with the service and will probably renew when the year's contract is complete. I am about 3 quarters way through it now.

I bought a cover for the car but they warned me that many of them blow off unless they are specifically designed for the model of car and have good attachments. Mine was a generic one and sure enough, it wasn't there when I returned after the first time. It's not a big issue for me as when left for more than a couple of weeks the cars gather a nice layer of protective dust :-)

I know there's one company that sells covers for about 180 Euros. Expensive, but then I suppose it would be their problem if it was ever lost.

I paid 250 Euros for the year contract.

I did look at the covered options before taking the contract out but decided that the cost wasn't worth it, it was more than double. There may be other cheaper options now.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the comments, forgot to put plane parking on the list but were looking at them as well, been having a drive round and couldn't find plane parking car park but have since found its meet and greet only which I don't have a problem with and at €300 PA its cheap for a meet and greet service, Eco parking looks professional from the outside so someone who has used them for a wile is helpful, again thanks for taking the time to reply
Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know a Plane Parking is opp the terminal, if you approach the airport from the A7 you would go past the airport entrance & it's about 500m on the LH side, therefore you would need to go right down the road & turn back to enter, think that's why it's meet & greet, or so they tell you. We didn't go look so bit worried now????
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sunnymallorca5b
As far as I know a Plane Parking is opp the terminal, if you approach the airport from the A7 you would go past the airport entrance & it's about 500m on the LH side, therefore you would need to go right down the road & turn back to enter, think that's why it's meet & greet, or so they tell you. We didn't go look so bit worried now????
As far as i can see those are Euro parking and one of the bigger hire car companies, name escapes me at the moment , plane parking as best i can see from there web site is near the junction where the A7 meets the N332 turn off for the airport but i couldn't find it, cant say for sure as the map on there site wont open correctly on any of my devices, having said that i haven't seen a bad review for them so they must be doing something right
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

That's right about their map not opening, but I found their Facebook page & it has a photo on it showing their Alicante parking site. I used google to locate it as it clearly shows the Terminal building. It looks to me like they are on the area once used by Aqua Parking just below the a Repsol garage?? I must say we were very impressed with all the communication we had from them prior to booking & they were efficient on the first drop off! Will post after we come back from our next trip� ����
Old Mar 27th 2015, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's right about their map not opening, but I found their Facebook page & it has a photo on it showing their Alicante parking site. I used google to locate it as it clearly shows the Terminal building. It looks to me like they are on the area once used by Aqua Parking just below the a Repsol garage?? I must say we were very impressed with all the communication we had from them prior to booking & they were efficient on the first drop off! Will post after we come back from our next trip������
Didn't realise Plane Parking had a Facebook page and looking at the photos its in the same parking compound as Europarking so right next to the airport over the N332, will wait to hear when you are back, we don't need to make a choice until later in the summer
, thanks again
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:01 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I used Claus indoor parking this year (first time) and was not impressed.

Place was hard to find (ish) as it had no sign outside so ended up calling them/waiting for man to arrive/bus was long passed its sell by date/driver looked like he had just got out of bed.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Oh dear, that's just terrible! Our car is brand new & I for one was bit paranoid of who to trust. We looked at about 4/5 companies, emailed them & they all seemed to compare well with each other. In the end we went with Plane Parking, also because the company we bought our car from recommended them (the car company is based in a Murcia) They don't as yet offer indoor parking, so we bought a cover & just hope they remember to yes it, then don't lose it as it was expensive! Hope you don't experience that level of stress again then, you just don't need that when you're trying to catch a flight. Good luck in the future.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi, just got back from Alicante & wanted you to know that everything went smoothly with Plane Parking. On pick up they were waiting outside the terminal doors, the car was clean & they had used the cover we provided whilst it was parked with them. We were a bit delayed coming out of the airport due to long delays with the baggage, but they were ok about it. On our drop off yesterday they were there right on time to pick the car up, they have all the paperwork & are thorough with checking the vehicle for any damage & record the mileage. So we are very happy with the service. When I book by email to let them know our next pick up dates they respond within 10 mins with confirmation. Hope you get sorted soon, best wishes.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi, just got back from Alicante & wanted you to know that everything went smoothly with Plane Parking. On pick up they were waiting outside the terminal doors, the car was clean & they had used the cover we provided whilst it was parked with them. We were a bit delayed coming out of the airport due to long delays with the baggage, but they were ok about it. On our drop off yesterday they were there right on time to pick the car up, they have all the paperwork & are thorough with checking the vehicle for any damage & record the mileage. So we are very happy with the service. When I book by email to let them know our next pick up dates they respond within 10 mins with confirmation. Hope you get sorted soon, best wishes.
That's good news, think i will be using them, all reports seam to say good service and for the €300 with the meet and greet service its a very good price, thanks for the information