Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Alcaudete in Jaen

Alcaudete in Jaen

Old Feb 17th 2012, 10:55 pm
Retired and loving it.

Bedwells is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alcaudete in Jaen

Hi there, this is my first post here on ex-pats forum. Does anyone live in Alcaudete in Jaen?
At the moment we live in Mazarron, Murcia but fancy a change and been looking on internet for houses and there seem some nice ones in Alcaudete at very reasonable prices. Would be gratefull for any responses.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 6:29 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alcaudete in Jaen

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 18th 2012, 7:14 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome Bedwells.
I don't live in Alcuadete but have been there many times, carrying out surveys on these "very reasonable" (= dirt cheap!) properties!
My first impressions of Alcaudete were that it is a scruffy, down at heel, quite poor town/area, not a lot going for it. However, the people are very friendly on the whole I've found and the town has most requirements for daily living.
Be aware that it's in "el quinto pino"...the whole of that area is pretty much bleak olive groves and nothing else and the climate is VERY different to that of Mazarron.
Best you go and spend a few days there to check the place out for yourself and come to your own conclusions! Best of luck!
Old Feb 18th 2012, 8:41 am
Retired and loving it.

Bedwells is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou Rosemary for the welcome and Thank you HillybBilly for the information about the town. We must look into that further and must admit we were drawn there because of the price f the hoses, so will look into it further.