Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Albunol By pass

Albunol By pass

Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Albunol By pass

After a year of waiting it has opened this morning, so what you might all think, well the town has been in the five years we have been here, getting more and more congested, luckily we have a "secret" back route to use.

Hopefully no more trucks coming through town going into the Alpujarra, they can now go round, all we need now is a car park.

Will have to go and use it later
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:39 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albunol By pass

Which way do we go then if we are coming down from the Alpujarra to the coast? (And I agree it is an excellent thing!).
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

If coming from Albondon or Orgiva it will take you around the back of Albunol, roundabouts at bothe ends and sign posted. Only thing is I have to wonder why they have put street lights all the way alongside it, not any real need in my opinion
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:02 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, we come from Albondon way.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Scampicat

In that case as you reach the, well wat used to be the T junction at the bottom of the mountain, you used to turn right for Orgiva or left for Albunol. Now you go straight across.

Will make it so much easier, although I live in Albunol it is up at the top end so have to go that way when going out.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

Good to hear about the section opening - is there any news as yet about the autovia Motril to Castell de Ferro?
Any info appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jenna m
Good to hear about the section opening - is there any news as yet about the autovia Motril to Castell de Ferro?
Any info appreciated.
There is a lot of work going on from Castell to Albunol, but I have not seen anything yet the Motril side, they have gone back to the Tarramay section, where the trouble was a few years ago, apparently due to open 2010.

pwwm
Old Aug 30th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

jenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nicejenna m is just really nice

Thanks, pwwm.
Its been a long time coming but probably worth the wait.
I hope to drive down from Alicante when that section opens.
All the best.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:59 pm
Ex Expat

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Scampicat

In that case as you reach the, well wat used to be the T junction at the bottom of the mountain, you used to turn right for Orgiva or left for Albunol. Now you go straight across.

Will make it so much easier, although I live in Albunol it is up at the top end so have to go that way when going out.
pwwm thanks, i know exactly where you mean.

My husband wants to take his kayak to the coast soon, we may well go that way (yes, he has a boat although we live 1000m up a mountain!).
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jenna m
Thanks, pwwm.
Its been a long time coming but probably worth the wait.
I hope to drive down from Alicante when that section opens.
All the best.
Hi Jenna.

You may or not be aware that the section between Adra and Albuñol is open, that is not a long stretch but it cuts a lot of time out.

Hi Scampicat.

you come within 300 yards of ours when coming down the mountain, if ever you see the sign on the way up from Albuñol point down to the cementario we are down there, no not in it just close.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:55 pm
Ex Expat

Hey! I know EXACTLY where you live pwwm!

The reason I know it was because when we first came to Spain it was my comment about that particular 'cementario' sign that caused my husband to tell me that the word does not, in fact, mean a cement factory.

What a small world!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scampicat
Hey! I know EXACTLY where you live pwwm!

The reason I know it was because when we first came to Spain it was my comment about that particular 'cementario' sign that caused my husband to tell me that the word does not, in fact, mean a cement factory.

What a small world!
Bigger sign now , just to make sure nobody misses it
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:24 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

After a year of waiting it has opened this morning, so what you might all think, well the town has been in the five years we have been here, getting more and more congested, luckily we have a "secret" back route to use.

Hopefully no more trucks coming through town going into the Alpujarra, they can now go round, all we need now is a car park.

Will have to go and use it later
Hi pwwm,
Seems things are changing a bit your way.
Its more than 10 yr since I last stayed there for a month or so.
Road traffic wasnt so bad then, but parking was difficult.
I was last house up the hill through the back streets up from the big bar.
There was a small tapas bar in the little square where every time we had a fresh drink (normally just a clara)out they came with fresh tapas.
Sat there all day on one occasion and they never brought the same one twice(all free of course).Dont know how they made a profit.
The locals were all very friendly but never saw any Brits so maybe a few around there now?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of work going on from Castell to Albunol, but I have not seen anything yet the Motril side, they have gone back to the Tarramay section, where the trouble was a few years ago, apparently due to open 2010.

pwwm
Hello Pat,
How are you?

Isn't the Tarramay section you refer to at Almunecar? Do you know what the plans are for the section Almunecar - Salobrena - Motril?

Thanks,
Carol
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Hi pwwm,
Seems things are changing a bit your way.
Its more than 10 yr since I last stayed there for a month or so.
Road traffic wasnt so bad then, but parking was difficult.
I was last house up the hill through the back streets up from the big bar.
There was a small tapas bar in the little square where every time we had a fresh drink (normally just a clara)out they came with fresh tapas.
Sat there all day on one occasion and they never brought the same one twice(all free of course).Dont know how they made a profit.
The locals were all very friendly but never saw any Brits so maybe a few around there now?
When we move here Dick Dastardly we were about the only ones actually in Albunol, quite a few at Haza Mora but loads of new building been going on and quite a fw holiday apartmenst now, have to say the reason we came here was for the utter spanishness of the place. Mind you I have a good Spanish teachera spanish friend i have, best way to learn, she does not speak english.
Re the tapas I know the bar you mean, just the same now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.