Albunol Area

Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

bluebell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Albunol Area

Hi to anyone living in the Albunol, Adra area of Spain. I have heard a rumour that the local council are getting rid of a lot of the greenhouses in this area & extending the beach facilities.

Is this true, and if so do you predict a rise in house prices. Is it local or what, as I thought the greenhouses created a lot of jobs for the people in the area.

Old Oct 19th 2005, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Albunol Area

Hi Bluebell

Yes you are correct, they have been offered three times the value to sell the greenhouses but not completed yet, the plan is to start building in two years, The greenhouses at La Rabita and El Pozuelo will go to make way for hotel, shops, houses and worse of all a golf course, the reason I say that is we are in the middle of a severe water shortage ie off for 19 hours a day and this will go on until we have contstant rain, now been four weeks like this.

The house prices are already rising, we have been here two years and in that time our house has increased threefold. When the motorway finally arrives I am sure property will increase even more.
There is also a newspaper report that they wish to put in a rail link to Motril and then on to Malaga but quite honestly I am not sure how with the mountains we have.

pwwm
Old Oct 20th 2005, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Albunol Area

Thanks for the reply regarding the area PWWM. Sounds like it will be an up and coming place for the future. Are they doing it because of the water situation or is it to promote tourism ?

It must be very difficult for you to cope with only limited amounts of water throughout the day. I wish I could send some rain from here ( the UK) over to you !

I am surprised that they are thinking of a rail link, because like you, I don't know how they'd achieve it with the mountainous region, although last time I was over there, they seemed to be getting on with that road.

Anyway, I hope you have a good 'downpour' soon, Cheers for now

Bluebell
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bluebell

Any more info you wish feel free to ask. Please blow the rain down here will be most grateful

regards pwwm
Old Oct 24th 2005, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Bluebell

Re our water problem, on the front page of a local paper it now says the reservoir is almost back to a level that we might in 8 days or so be back to normal.

Must have been raining in the mountains.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Bluebell

Re our water problem, on the front page of a local paper it now says the reservoir is almost back to a level that we might in 8 days or so be back to normal.

Must have been raining in the mountains.
Really pleased for you all over there. Told you I'd wish some of ours over to you !! (been raining buckets here)

Incidentally I meant to ask if you are near the ski region. If so, what's the best way to get there. I'm not too brave about driving on precarious mountain roads ! :scared:
Old Oct 25th 2005, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actally now in UK for three weeks as dog ands house sitting, we are about an hour awat from ski region, although we are bit a short drive from the sierra's. To get to the ski region you need to go the north side of the mountains, but then we have the best of both worlds, last Boxing day we went to Trevelez to see the snow etc then ate in the afternoon on our terrace.
Hopefully by the time I get home normal service will be resumed, keep sending the rain over please.
pwwm
Old Oct 30th 2005, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Bluebell

Heard last night from him at home that the water is back hurrah!!!

pwwm

Last edited by pwwm; Oct 30th 2005 at 7:59 am.
Old Oct 30th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Bluebell

Heard last night from him at home that the water is back hurrah!!!

pwwm

That's great news PWWM !

I must say, your description of Xmas in Spain (seeing snow on the mountains and then sitting out on your terrace) sounds like my idea of heaven ! As you will probably see now in the UK, all of the shops have got food, gifts, cards etc out already & I personally get fed up with it all. Plus it's usually pretty dismal weather here at that time (grey skies, windy, wet etc). OK I'm probably being a bit of a 'humbug', but I'd much rather see blue skies & sunshine, it makes me feel a whole lot better !

Anyway, you just enjoy all that water you've got when you get back to Spain !

Cheers for now