Albondon

Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

ChrisandFrank is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Albondon

Hi there

We are buying a house in Albondon and need to find a trustworthy joiner/plumber to fit a kitchen (fairly handy myself but have been told by the boss that we're getting a tradesman this time). Anyone got any ideas or numbers - also we will probably be letting the place out some of the time and will be looking for local person to clean/laundry etc. If anyone can help would be grateful.

Thanks - PS what a wonderful site this is
Old Mar 26th 2007, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

mrs teapot will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Albondon

Albondon seems like a really nice village - AND you've got a local community pool. Lucky you.

I did some surfing on this site over the weekend and found some threads where, I think it was PWWM, who lives in the next village to you, said there was only one local plumber and he charges a fortune, coz he can! Gulp!
I hope I'm quoting the right info at you here. Do a search for plumber on this site and see what comes up.

What have you/or are you buying? Have you got permission to change the kitchen yet? (I didnt realise you had to have permission for those kinds of things for a long time).

Edit: regarding finding someone to clean etc for letting, have you tried getting friendly with the locals yet (going to the bars etc) then asking around?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

What permission do you mean?
Graham
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
What permission do you mean?
Graham
Small works licence, you need one for almost anything unless its gravel or grass ;-)
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:20 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes even to Paint the house
Old Mar 26th 2007, 4:31 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChrisandFrank
Hi there

We are buying a house in Albondon and need to find a trustworthy joiner/plumber to fit a kitchen (fairly handy myself but have been told by the boss that we're getting a tradesman this time). Anyone got any ideas or numbers - also we will probably be letting the place out some of the time and will be looking for local person to clean/laundry etc. If anyone can help would be grateful.

Thanks - PS what a wonderful site this is
I dont blame her,we decided about two and a half years ago to fit a new bathroom and kitchen here before we could put the house on the market.He stuck the last kitchen tile on yesterday mind you he has done all the work himself,all the electrics,plumbing,and fully tiled the bathroom and kitchen ,Hes yet to put the floor tiles down,and install the new radiaters yet,so we are still not ready to sell so when we do decide to make the move,I will get tradesman in if I want anything doing again He has done a really good job though,anybody want to buy a house?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this thread last night made me panic about having a licence for reforming our bathroom so I went to our town hall today and in my best Spanish, (not that good), asked for a licence. All appeared to go well, I explained that it was a diy job. The receptionist made out the form then asked for our builders name. At this point the procedings came to a stop. Although she knew it was a diy job she insisted on having a builders name. so I gave her the builder's name who will be changing the windows for us. She then told me he would have to sign it before I can have the licence. Is it me? Do they not accept diy? I am lost at the moment. Am I really that stupid.
Sorry about all these questions, we do try but always seem to have problems.
Graham
Old Mar 27th 2007, 3:59 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Reading this thread last night made me panic about having a licence for reforming our bathroom so I went to our town hall today and in my best Spanish, (not that good), asked for a licence. All appeared to go well, I explained that it was a diy job. The receptionist made out the form then asked for our builders name. At this point the procedings came to a stop. Although she knew it was a diy job she insisted on having a builders name. so I gave her the builder's name who will be changing the windows for us. She then told me he would have to sign it before I can have the licence. Is it me? Do they not accept diy? I am lost at the moment. Am I really that stupid.
Graham
Jeeeeez I dont believe my eyes,A LICENCE TO FIT A BATHROOM YOURSELF Are you sure ,Ill be keeping a eye on this thread Is someone having you on ,
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
Jeeeeez I dont believe my eyes,A LICENCE TO FIT A BATHROOM YOURSELF Are you sure ,Ill be keeping a eye on this thread Is someone having you on ,
True, as previous posts say, everything, even in the garden unless you are just laying grass or shingle.

With fines or even demolition and return to original state.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:07 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jdr
True, as previous posts say, everything, even in the garden unless you are just laying grass or shingle.
Your quick,dident see previous post until after posted message,good heavens thats mad ,mind you after how long its taken to fit the new bathroom and kitchen here,I dont think we will be doing that again in a hurry.But how do they know if you put anything new in the house? I better do some more research Thats mad.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by jandy44
Your quick,dident see previous post until after posted message,good heavens thats mad ,mind you after how long its taken to fit the new bathroom and kitchen here,I dont think we will be doing that again in a hurry.But how do they know if you put anything new in the house? I better do some more research Thats mad.
You can get away with it within reason unless someone denounces (reports) you you for making a noise or dust etc.
Also the police can just stop and ask to see your licence if they see a skip or you working or similar.
Also if you buy, your solicitor should notice an extra patio or whatever that is not on the paperwork and ask to see the licence to cover the work, as you could end up with the fine ;-(
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:31 pm
Young at heart

Originally Posted by jdr
You can get away with it within reason unless someone denounces (reports) you you for making a noise or dust etc.
Also the police can just stop and ask to see your licence if they see a skip or you working or similar.
Also if you buy, your solicitor should notice an extra patio or whatever that is not on the paperwork and ask to see the licence to cover the work, as you could end up with the fine ;-(
Flippen heck,so if we had bought one of them nice new villa,s in Competa,that have no kitchen,we would have to get a licence to fit one,its mad has you already know we can do almost anything here,apart from mess with the gas ,or build an extention ,something else to think of,mind you if you go through the proper channels cant be that difficult.Better go back to your site HELP again.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 3:46 pm

Graham
We have sent a message to someone in the town hall asking again about whether we really need a builder to sign for our DIY work but have not had an answer yet so none the wiser at the moment.

Hoping that someone on here is able to provide us with an answer rather that wait for the town hall to get around to it.

Here's hoping.

Rosemary
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Blimey !!

Didn't realise that such an innocent enquiry would provoke such a response - and dead worrying too - all that stuff about permits is really quite worrying.

Presumably the guy that does the work gets the permit as long as its not DIY - simply reinforces what her indoors says about 'getting a tradesman'

Just hope I can find one
Old Mar 28th 2007, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Sorry for not replying before Mrs Teapot - place we are buying is a new build (although a seemingly very slow new build) and doesnt include the kitchen for some strange reason - maybe its something to do with the licence lol

Sounds a bit like those villas at Competa that Jandy mentioned.

Guess its yet another e-mail to the builders to try and sort out the licence thingy - maybe I'll just get them to fit it and hope for the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.