airport runs!

Old Jul 6th 2009, 8:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: airport runs!

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
Here in UK we are told that unemployment in Spain is down by 55,000 ,as I said I think this is bull ,was just waiting for a comment on this sudden upturn in the Spanish unemployment situation ,think you answered my question in no uncertain terms which I thought was more realistic than we can sometimes be lead to believe .
it may well be down - thousands of seasonal workers will have now 'signed off' for the season & will be 'signing on' again in the winter

it happens every year
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lynnxa
it may well be down - thousands of seasonal workers will have now 'signed off' for the season & will be 'signing on' again in the winter

it happens every year
Thanks
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:33 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest problem is the huge numbers of Brits (and other nationalities) who are charging for picking people up, and making a living from it, they are unlicensed, uninsured etc. Yes they are cheaper, BUT, woe betide anyone who uses them and is stopped, they may well finish up at the side of the road with all their luggage, and have to get a taxi! I do pick people up, BUT, only relatives, AND only usually a maximum of two lots a year.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I wonder how all of this will affect all those estate agents that pick you up at the airport and drop off again. They must be (or were!) in and out of the airports like yoyos all of the time.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Econ
I am not sure what you are trying to say here? what figures and what have they to do with it anyway? what are you not convinced about, what they say or me?

Is this what you are referring to:
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...t_11641217.htm

don't!
this brings unemployment down to to 3.5 million 'a great month Zapatero said' (the man should be put on a yellow bus ). This was helped by the government creating jobs... but how long is that going to last and what happens at the end of the summer when even more businesses shut their doors along with the summer employment becoming unemployed (the legal ones that is)... then as I mentioned the government needs to get money to pay for the 55,000 jobs it created out of 3.4 million unemployed.... money for the EU.... then find some for the banks when they start to go........

Eurostat said Spain, where a slump in construction led to record economic contraction in the first quarter, posted the highest unemployment rate in the EU at 18.7%, and many of them don't even know they are in a crisis yet!
Sometimes I wonder what world people live in. I dont know how you can say many Spaniards dont know that they are in a crisis. All you need to do is watch the news on Spanish TV, read a Spanish newspaper or listen to what people are saying on the street to know that is absolute nonsense
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Econ

prostitues work seemingly freely on the sea front of the town... probably because they cannot get money off them in fines.

I expect they are not fined because prostitution is not a crime in Spain.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Biggest problem is the huge numbers of Brits (and other nationalities) who are charging for picking people up, and making a living from it, they are unlicensed, uninsured etc. Yes they are cheaper, BUT, woe betide anyone who uses them and is stopped, they may well finish up at the side of the road with all their luggage, and have to get a taxi! I do pick people up, BUT, only relatives, AND only usually a maximum of two lots a year.

E]

I´m sometimes there twice a week, occasionally more if either or both my UK-based offspring and/or my sometimes UK based OH happens to have scheduled inconsiderately awkward flight times. I´d say the least I visit Malaga AGP is twice a month - no make that four (returns too!) Shouldn´t someone be able to say (or obliged to know) what guidelines the Guardia have for frequency of visits before they issue denuncias?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
[/COLOR]

E]

I´m sometimes there twice a week, occasionally more if either or both my UK-based offspring and/or my sometimes UK based OH happens to have scheduled inconsiderately awkward flight times. I´d say the least I visit Malaga AGP is twice a month - no make that four (returns too!) Shouldn´t someone be able to say (or obliged to know) what guidelines the Guardia have for frequency of visits before they issue denuncias?
If you had read the article, this is all happening at ALICANTE airport, and not, as far as the article goes, at any other airport.... at the moment
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

If you had read the article, this is all happening at ALICANTE airport, and not, as far as the article goes, at any other airport.... at the moment

I did read it, but only cos I´m not at my home laptop - not that it´s anyone else´s problem, but I usually can´t open any links, attachments, etc cos of internet speed!
Either way, I was really only making a relatively lighthearted observation on the differing frequencies of people doing airport pickups and as you acknowledge, itś only Alicante at the moment. Seems a good income stream for any Guardia to me!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

what he said

we're just really glad - on more than one level - that all of the OH's family don't descend upon us!

thing is - how do prove that they are family?
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

And a spokesman said it was for the motorist and not for the police to prove passengers were not paying fares
A nasty little example of presumed guilty unless yo can prove your innocence, which seems to be creeping in everywhere these days.
I'd be inclined to ask people to get an airport bus (to a bus station?) and then pick them up from there. If I was at risk of being denounced by the vested interests who are the taxi drivers.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Sometimes I wonder what world people live in. I dont know how you can say many Spaniards dont know that they are in a crisis. All you need to do is watch the news on Spanish TV, read a Spanish newspaper or listen to what people are saying on the street to know that is absolute nonsense
It might be on the news and they might talk about the crisis but they have no idea of what is really happening * until * it smacks them in the face. I know of a few families who though that 'Basically' what Zapatero was doing was great, his 400 euros returns, his ideas, he will ward off the crisis etc. etc. 'Zapatero the saviour!', I tried to explain.... now two of these families are in dire problems, what changed in 3 months? sadly it just wasn't sinking in (OK a single example but I have seen many others similar, some as sad, others not so bad)...

sorry but you are wrong, I can say the same... 'Sometimes I wonder what world people live in', most of them have no idea of what is really going on.

BTW, where do you live cricketman?

Sorry to have wandered off topic

Last edited by Econ; Jul 6th 2009 at 4:18 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pete_l

A nasty little example of presumed guilty unless yo can prove your innocence, which seems to be creeping in everywhere these days.
Assuming you are referring to the Spanish system, it is certainly nothing new.

The Spanish legal system is confrontational whereas the UK is adversarial
hence one is presumed guilty in Spain and innocent in the UK.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:35 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I know some have partners who "commute" but how many friends and family do people have coming. I am not that crazy If you are hanging around Malaga airport it is easy to spot the illegals dropping people off. I know one couple who were ordered out of a Brit taxi at calahonda. I would be more afraid of the taxi drivers than the Guardia
Old Jul 6th 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I would be more afraid of the taxi drivers than the Guardia
I had the same thoughts actually...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.