Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Air Conditioning

Air Conditioning

Old Aug 1st 2010, 9:57 am
Just Joined

ukdobby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Conditioning

This has probally been done before but not recently,I have a property in the Guadamar region and am looking to have 3 air con units fitted,hot and cold and inverter,has anyone had experience of this and any ideas of best makes prices fitted?
Old Aug 1st 2010, 1:32 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Conditioning

I am quite close to Guardamar and co-incidently we have three units, hot / cold with inverter. I would recommend Panasonic aircon. Beware cheaper units, some sound like a 747 taking off in your home.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by missile
I am quite close to Guardamar and co-incidently we have three units, hot / cold with inverter. I would recommend Panasonic aircon. Beware cheaper units, some sound like a 747 taking off in your home.
Thanks,the 2 what I am looking at are Panasonic and Samsung but would like info on both if possible.
Old Aug 1st 2010, 5:01 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukdobby
Thanks,the 2 what I am looking at are Panasonic and Samsung but would like info on both if possible.
Good quality units cost around 1K & have lower running costs (A rated), some outlets will inclued fitting for a little more/in the price.
Cheap units cost around 200 & about the same to fit (can be done yourself though if you are handy) Cost more to run though & will of course make a little more noise.

Check the db output (noise)
Check the rating, A is better than C etc.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukdobby
This has probally been done before but not recently,I have a property in the Guadamar region and am looking to have 3 air con units fitted,hot and cold and inverter,has anyone had experience of this and any ideas of best makes prices fitted?
we had Panasonic fitted when we lived in Spain, ensure that you get the inverter type as they are useful as heaters in winter as well. Quiet and relatively cheap to run. There are cheaper, and DIY, but better to spend that bit more and have them fitted as it's you that will have to live with the noise. Better to spend a few more Euros and be able to hear the TV/radio and conversation when the A/C is running.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience, for a good relation quality-price I recommend you Panasonic or General

Last edited by Relampago; Aug 2nd 2010 at 8:09 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:27 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
In my experience, for a good relation quality-price I recommend you Panasonic or General
We use panasonic and can't fault them - they are quiet, reasonably cheap to run, are inverters (so can run hot or cold) and were dead easy to install.

We run 2 units of one 'machine' and 3 off another 'machine' - makes installation a lot more reasonable.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 9:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
are inverters (so can run hot or cold)

Almost all A/C units are both hot and cold - it has nothing to do with them being the inverter type.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
We use panasonic and can't fault them - they are quiet, reasonably cheap to run, are inverters (so can run hot or cold) and were dead easy to install.

We run 2 units of one 'machine' and 3 off another 'machine' - makes installation a lot more reasonable.
And it is not only important this, it also is the installation. It is the most important thing, for that reason a good installation is more expensive than the machine, because to make a good or a bad installation depends the life of the machine, of the yield, etc...Of everything. And for that reason I recommend that the installation is a job of professionals, that is to say, are companies that are dedicated specifically to this sector (domestic cold, industrial cold, etc), not those of the Carrefour or the Mediamarkt
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,its looking like Panasonic,what about recommendations on people to fit?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 3:02 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The company you buy it from should install it - otherwise you won't get a lot of help under warranty.

The usual price is around €200 per unit unless it is in a difficult position.

Make sure they are wired back to the fuse box with their own fuse - I have seen then installed by tapping into a lighting circuit!!

Last edited by Fred James; Aug 2nd 2010 at 3:04 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:35 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The company you buy it from should install it - otherwise you won't get a lot of help under warranty.

The usual price is around €200 per unit unless it is in a difficult position.

Make sure they are wired back to the fuse box with their own fuse - I have seen then installed by tapping into a lighting circuit!!
Why so Fred as they do not (good ones) sup that much juice. ?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:50 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by playamonte
In my opinion they should always be on their own circuit so that they can be 'isolated' if required - any good electrician will insist on this.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by playamonte
A decent sized unit - "good" one or otherwise -takes at least 1kw - that's enough to need its own circuit and with three of them that's a lot of power.
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 8:36 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

One of mine is rated @ 3.5 kW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.