Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Air con not working

Air con not working

Old Jul 15th 2016, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Blanea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air con not working

Hello finally joined up after 8 plus years of owning in esuri, mainly for advice please. Air con blowing warm air tried emailing clima vip and ayaclimate no response from either, can anyone recommend and give an idea of cost?

Also is hoyo19 pen a couple of drive bys and it always seems closed, would be a shame as it is a favourite with the kids. Any news that we should be aware of would be gratefully received. Many thanks the blanes
Old Jul 15th 2016, 1:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air con not working

Originally Posted by Blanea
Hello finally joined up after 8 plus years of owning in esuri, mainly for advice please. Air con blowing warm air tried emailing clima vip and ayaclimate no response from either, can anyone recommend and give an idea of cost?

Also is hoyo19 pen a couple of drive bys and it always seems closed, would be a shame as it is a favourite with the kids. Any news that we should be aware of would be gratefully received. Many thanks the blanes
Check out the restaurant thread re 19h.

Jon
Old Jul 15th 2016, 1:52 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 15th 2016, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Have you cleaned the filters out? We need to clean ours every 3 weeks or so here, otherwise it does not get anywhere near the set temp. I don't know if you have split aircon or through the wall type! The split types usually have an indicator panel which shows an error code - you can google for what the codes mean. All ours are samsung split level and we have a routine whereby the filters are cleaned monthly and the internal cooling unit washed every 6 months or so.
Old Jul 15th 2016, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Hi, have sent you a PM
Old Jul 18th 2016, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

I have a similar issue to Blanea, i.e. I need to service the aircon when I am in CE shortly. I would also appreciate advice on who and cost?

best regards
George
Old Jul 18th 2016, 1:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Most likely the system has lost some refrigerant, not sure why they do, but it is very common.

The answer is to have the refrigerant topped up. I don't know what the fee structure is in Spain, but I pay a callout/diagnostic fee and then a price per unit of refrigerant added. The wholesale price of refrigerant is about $22/kg but I pay anything from $70 to $200/kg installed (the higher figure is if the service company charges a low callout fee). Most likely you will need about 1kg if the system isn't large. I have no idea what the price of refrigerant is in Spain, but I would guess you're looking at around €200-€250 for a call out and refrigerant top-up.

A tell-tale sign of low refrigerant is that that pipe carrying the refrigerant from the outside unit back inside the house "ices up" on the outside of the pipe. If that is the case, do the service company a favour and turn the system off well before the technician arrives so the ice can melt, because the system can't be serviced if it is iced-up.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 18th 2016 at 1:04 pm.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

try ayaclime again, we called them out last week, they are still answering their phone...
Old Jul 18th 2016, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Blanea is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AliceB
try ayaclime again, we called them out last week, they are still answering their phone...
Thank you how's their English my spanish gets me served in restaurants but that's it !
Blanea
Old Jul 20th 2016, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

AliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond reputeAliceB has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you how's their English my spanish gets me served in restaurants but that's it !
Blanea
Hi Blanea, I've sent you a pm, you can access it now that you have more than 3 posts,, good luck
Old Jul 20th 2016, 7:55 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

If it is blowing hot then are you sure it is set to cool on the remote ?
Have you changed the batteries in the remote lately ?, if not do so.