air con

Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

stephen1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default air con

hi,
had air con unit fitted a while back dont use it much , more for cold winter nights when im out in Spain
when they fitted it, they never added any extra gas , is that normal ?
looking to get a small unit in my bedroom fitted next week when im over
any recomendations please makes or fitters im Benevista between San Pedro and Estepona
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:50 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: air con

Yes they come with enough gas to purge any air & still have enough to run the unit.
Old Aug 19th 2016, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for reply
a friend said the unit would heat the apartment up if i left the doors open
i think it probably is good for my lounge only when its bitter, with the tall ceilings and marble floor
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 4:38 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you will need another form of heating. Have you considered an oil filled radiator or two?
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile View Post
I would suggest you will need another form of heating. Have you considered an oil filled radiator or two?
Hi yes I'm trying not to use them I find them expensive and not really that effective
Air con I'm told is a lot cheaper
And more effective also you have cold air in summer so no fans and oil radiators to store lol
Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 5:22 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I am not convinced a/c is much more efficient than an oil filled rad. Certainly take a long time to save the cost of installation. installing a/c for heating only makes no sense to me
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

I am not convinced a/c is much more efficient than an oil filled rad. Certainly take a long time to save the cost of installation. installing a/c for heating only makes no sense to me
I do tend to agree I think I feel that certain things I should have but don't need lol
I only use the place about 5 times a year so probably should suffer the oil filled heaters in the bedroom though I'm glad I have air con in the lounge
Regards
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 5:33 pm
Started off with nothing

Each to their own. I have both and prefer gentle background heat generated by oil filled rad to a/c
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stephen1962 View Post
I do tend to agree I think I feel that certain things I should have but don't need lol
I only use the place about 5 times a year so probably should suffer the oil filled heaters in the bedroom though I'm glad I have air con in the lounge
Regards
The oil filled rads last forever and don't need servicing. There's not a lot that can go wrong with them but you can't beat the cold a/c during the hotter months.
Old Aug 23rd 2016, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo S View Post
The oil filled rads last forever and don't need servicing. There's not a lot that can go wrong with them but you can't beat the cold a/c during the hotter months.
To true, also you don't have to store the air con in the wardrobe like the oil filled heaters, apartments have limited storage
Old Aug 24th 2016, 9:46 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Aircon units are the most efficient form of electrical heating available. On the best units you can get 3kw out with only 1kw input. An oil filled rad will only give about 900w from 1kw.
Old Aug 24th 2016, 10:19 am
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
Aircon units are the most efficient form of electrical heating available. On the best units you can get 3kw out with only 1kw input. An oil filled rad will only give about 900w from 1kw.
I know all about heat pumps, but as I said I am not convinced that one would achieve anywhere near the manufacturer's claimed / theoretical maximum CP from a domestic A/C unit. My point was, even if true it would take a long time to recover the cost of installing A/C "for cold winter nights when im out in Spain".
Old Aug 25th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Portable gas heaters are extremely cheap to run and are efficient and effective.

Instant heat and versatile.

Steve
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:17 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

And you have the satisfaction that the cost of the gas is heavily subsidised by the government!
Old Aug 25th 2016, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
And you have the satisfaction that the cost of the gas is heavily subsidised by the government!
Nice to get something out of the Spanish government