Reload this Page >

IT Agencies Gibraltar

IT Agencies Gibraltar

Old Jan 28th 2010, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

anthony32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question IT Agencies Gibraltar

Hi All

Just would like to know if there is any decent Employment Agencies that are in Gibraltar that are not run by the Mafia (excuse the pun) So far every agency I have dealt with only wants to know what you know about other agencies and what they are doing and have I been put forward to other companies if so what are they?

Slightly Peeved as it seems to run Like a Mafia Business... Today is enough! I told one agency that I do not care I just want to find a Job and Relocation is not an Issue! The Agencies in London are far more professional than the ones in GIB! :curse:

So any Agencies or IT Job websites that anyone has please can you Recommend

Many Thanks!

Regards

Anthony
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice
Default Re: IT Agencies Gibraltar

Originally Posted by anthony32
and have I been put forward to other companies if so what are they?
Every agency I've ever used (no matter where) has always asked that question, that's just to prevent the employer getting sent multiple CVs of the same candidate and you getting the same interview twice! I also struggled immensely with recruitment companies when moving to a new area, I guess they don't want to put you forward for roles when you may not be commited to moving - obviously they have to manage their relationship with the companies to ensure they're given roles to advertise.

I would recommend one but it sounds like you've probably tried them all to be honest as it's a very small place!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: IT Agencies Gibraltar

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Every agency I've ever used (no matter where) has always asked that question, that's just to prevent the employer getting sent multiple CVs of the same candidate and you getting the same interview twice! I also struggled immensely with recruitment companies when moving to a new area, I guess they don't want to put you forward for roles when you may not be commited to moving - obviously they have to manage their relationship with the companies to ensure they're given roles to advertise.

I would recommend one but it sounds like you've probably tried them all to be honest as it's a very small place!
They like to check what there Competition is up to More than Sending you twice!

If you have an "Agency" Recommend away!
Old Feb 3rd 2010, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShinyAndy
Every agency I've ever used (no matter where) has always asked that question, that's just to prevent the employer getting sent multiple CVs of the same candidate !
Yes, this is very true, it is standard practice to ask this question, anywhere in the world. It has nothing to do with knowing what the competition is up to. It is very embarassing for a recruitment company when they submit a candidate that has already been sent in by another company. Moreover, it is a waste of the recruiter as well as the hiring company's time and it can actually hurt the candidate's chances.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 12:50 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah also the agency gets paid once you are sucessfully employed so they dont want to clash with other agencies.

I had an agency in spain give me an absolutle mouthful once when i first started here. They had sent my CV to a company. But the company was also advertising directly themselves in the sur, and i sent my CV to them. So the company managed to employ me directly without going through the agency.

You see, when the agency forward your CV to the companies. They chop out all the personal contact details so that the company cant contact you directly and undercut the agency. So because I had sent my CV direct to the company as well, they had my contact details. Contacted me directly and undercut the agency. The agency was pissed off! Agency staff are on commision basis and its not too dissimilar from a sales environment.

Quad Consultancy seem to be the main guys in Gibraltar for I.T Jobs. They are based in Gibraltar itself, unlike Recruit Gibraltar / Recruit Spain who are actually based in Spain.
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: IT Agencies Gibraltar

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Yeah also the agency gets paid once you are sucessfully employed so they dont want to clash with other agencies.

I had an agency in spain give me an absolutle mouthful once when i first started here. They had sent my CV to a company. But the company was also advertising directly themselves in the sur, and i sent my CV to them. So the company managed to employ me directly without going through the agency.

You see, when the agency forward your CV to the companies. They chop out all the personal contact details so that the company cant contact you directly and undercut the agency. So because I had sent my CV direct to the company as well, they had my contact details. Contacted me directly and undercut the agency. The agency was pissed off! Agency staff are on commision basis and its not too dissimilar from a sales environment.

Quad Consultancy seem to be the main guys in Gibraltar for I.T Jobs. They are based in Gibraltar itself, unlike Recruit Gibraltar / Recruit Spain who are actually based in Spain.
Hi thanks for the info

I decided to go and hand out all my CV's to the Businesses that are in Gib Directly (As I am not the only one thinking how Cra* the Agencies are)

I gave out roughly over 140 cv's!

Sorry if anyone takes offence (And has Agencies as Friends) The Agency's there are bad and unprofessional They deal with numbers and not Quality so Its a good thing I went there in person to Gib I received alot of feed back and 2 Interviews... Honest Opinion I dont see the Fuss really about gib its nice and know they have special laws for Gaming etc... But its not really all that.. One manager said he has 5 people on his Team leaving due to the Economic down turn... Also the Wages for IT Support range from £25k to
£35K... Bonus about Gib the Power goes out every so often because there Electric Plant is Decades old!!

Lets wait and see...

Cheers all
Old Feb 4th 2010, 1:57 pm
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anthony32
Hi thanks for the info

I decided to go and hand out all my CV's to the Businesses that are in Gib Directly (As I am not the only one thinking how Cra* the Agencies are)

I gave out roughly over 140 cv's!

Sorry if anyone takes offence (And has Agencies as Friends) The Agency's there are bad and unprofessional They deal with numbers and not Quality so Its a good thing I went there in person to Gib I received alot of feed back and 2 Interviews... Honest Opinion I dont see the Fuss really about gib its nice and know they have special laws for Gaming etc... But its not really all that.. One manager said he has 5 people on his Team leaving due to the Economic down turn... Also the Wages for IT Support range from £25k to
£35K... Bonus about Gib the Power goes out every so often because there Electric Plant is Decades old!!

Lets wait and see...

Cheers all

Yeah 25k - 35k is about right. we're complaining coz we're actulaly on under that in the company i work for. But with the economic downtourn if we left there would be 50 cvs on the desk the next day. So they dont need to pay us more.

Fact is, for IT work especially Gib is the best, and dare I say the only place around this area for work. Its a pain in the arse crossing the border every day and if I could work in marbella again i'd love it!
Old Feb 4th 2010, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: IT Agencies Gibraltar

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Yeah 25k - 35k is about right. we're complaining coz we're actulaly on under that in the company i work for. But with the economic downtourn if we left there would be 50 cvs on the desk the next day. So they dont need to pay us more.

Fact is, for IT work especially Gib is the best, and dare I say the only place around this area for work. Its a pain in the arse crossing the border every day and if I could work in marbella again i'd love it!
IT Work in Gib is awesome Marbella for IT work, wont kick off for another 2 or 3 years because of the down turn here in Spain.

I am waiting To see what Happens in Gib apparently the wait is soo long to hear back... In some instances people were selected in June for Vacant Position and Didnt get an Interview until late October.. As apparently the Bosses are abroad.. Dubai... Israel...etc

So fingers crossed!